Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on my V2K for an hour, then from a stop went to almost redline and when felt depressuring, oil appears to have blown out some sort of bypass valve that is housed in an N&R air intake. Is it possible oil bypass opened when engine started to depressurize approaching redline? Happened 1/4 from my garage so I pulled it in immediately. when I turn key to "on" oil light comes on. I have not started the bike since seeing the problem. Any ideas on diagnosis/fix?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That usually is the crankcase breather hose if you have an aftermarket breather or eeven stock especially where the oil is puking out. This is mostly and usually due to having too much oil in your crankcase. It is important to have the correct amount of oil in there and never overfill. This can lead to other problems as well. I always keep my oil fill level about halfway between the high and low level indicated in the window or on the stick.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Could also be because you have cooked or bad piston rings... Allows too much blow bye and pressurizes crank case causing the oil to shoot out the breather into the intake.... Hopefully not that...

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Pretty sure you can run the bike. The oil light will go off once the pressure is there, which since it ain't a fresh change, will be right away. The above suggestions are spot on for what can cause that situation. If you don't have a compression tester, just keep an eye on it, and make sure you keep your oil level spot on. Watch for smoke out the pipes, which can give you an idea maybe of combustion chamber issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts