Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know if your frame is bent or tweaked.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Depends on where you think it is bent. On mine before I changed the frame, the front motor mounts were about 1.5 inches too long. :shock:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if it is bent. I took a fall that bent my subframe and I am just nervous that the frame may be bent. Is their anyway of knowing for sure.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Call up an auto repair shop that has an EZLiner. Ask them if the do motorcycles. Thats all I can think of.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Jus1975,
Blitz is right, there are plently of firms about that can carry out frame alignment checks. They will need the engine, forks and wheels fitted to do it.
Over here they call the rig a "Motoliner" probably the same bit of kit as your EZliner. It costs about £50.00 (sterling) to get the check done over here, the expensive bit is if it needs straightening.
Have you ridden it since it was damaged?
You can check the frame welds to see if they have split, or if the paint has cracked or flaked off. They are usually a good indication of damage.
Hope this helps
Regards
Ted

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
The EZLiner is quite a piece of equipment.

They are laser guided, and I don't remember the exact number, but they are accurate to within something like .00005 mm, or some obscenely close tolerance.

This is the machine they use to tweak everything back to spec on unibody cars. If you have never seen one, they are a pretty impressive piece of equipment, and very, very expensive....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts