Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone have HID lights. What can you tell about them. They look great. Where can I find a good deal on a set.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
A true HID is $$$. Requires a conversion box to 24 or 36 volt (or so I'm told). Looked into one for my 97 M3, it was $1380 dollars. Thank You, no thanks.

Good luck though...

·
Registered
133 Posts
HID

You won't be disappointed. I put an HID system in my '92 ZX-11. The conversion is very straight forward. You want the D2S bulb; not the D2R. Some of the conversions use an HID bulb with the base that comes with from the factory. These conversions don't work because the beam is not in the precise position as it is meant for a halogen bulb (ZX12R uses an H4). The "better" conversion packages have a a custom base that adapts the HID bulb to the halogen lamp so that you get a beam pattern similar to the H4--but way more light. Newer conversions combine the the igniter and ballast into a single unit. The most difficult part of the install is mounting the ballast unit. Most kits come w/ velcro. Simple plug and play. You will lose your high beam. However, there is a company that has gotten around this by inserting a small motor into the bulb--the bulb actually pivots for the high beam. I'll post the site.

·
Registered
133 Posts
HID Co.

The Company is called HIDkits.com. $475-725 depending on whether you get their bixenon (Hi/lo beams) or regular kit. 4250K is a white bulb, 6000K is blue (I think) and 8000k for purple-ish. They even have an adjustable ballast to change the color of the light on the fly. If anybody is interested, maybe we can't inquire about a group buy. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
HID

Blitzkrieg: The converter (igniter) is actually 20,000 volts. It is used to get the process started because the the HID bulb does not have a filament inside. It is merely two electrodes within the bulb and a "salt." It looks like a little piece of dirt inside the glass. The startup looks very cool. The light never dims once it is "on." It draws only about 35W as opposed to the 55W H4.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
HID lights are 'boss' (my age is showing) A would love to have a set for my 12r BUT............ I can see me now......... Oh, honey.... I need $475 to $725 for a headlight for my bike.... OK? :shock: :shock: :lol:

·
4,208 Posts
the kit is about $450 I can ask my buddy about a group buy if anyone is interested....thats 450 for 2 bulbs not one....... thats one of my projects this winter,.....hehehe

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: HID Co.

Nublu02 said:
The Company is called HIDkits.com. $475-725 depending on whether you get their bixenon (Hi/lo beams) or regular kit. 4250K is a white bulb, 6000K is blue (I think) and 8000k for purple-ish. They even have an adjustable ballast to change the color of the light on the fly. If anybody is interested, maybe we can inquire about a group buy. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm interested. Prices are going down on E-bay. Some into the $200. range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts