·
Super Moderator
1,283 Posts
Awesome work.
Good on you Hibs

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I just happened to be down in the Southwest for some job training. Of course boredom in the hotel room strikes me and I have to browse craigslist, and the first thing I always search for is "ZX12R" just to see what is out there. When I saw the posting I knew I had to act fast. It was a 3hr and 20min drive one way from my hotel. About an 8 hour trip total, if you include the hour spent BS'ing and haggling with the guy. It was much hotter in Phoenix (110 degrees at 7pm) then my little mountain resort that I'm at. I got back to the hotel about midnight, but had to run to Walmart and get some quick detail spray and microfiber towels to wipe everything down before I could lay my head down in good conscience.

It's not a MINT set, but they're pretty good. The tail piece was busted up but everything else is solid. A bonus was the carbon fiber stuff that it came with. Carbon fiber mega ram air scoop (I believe this to be a pretty rare piece), carbon rear tire hugger, carbon "ash tray", and carbon ram air tube covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Was the seller a member here? Or that info not divulged?
No I found it on craigslist. Seller was a guy who used to own a motorcycle shop, he never owned a 12R himself, he said all these parts came from a friends bike who parted the bike and used the motor in some sort of drag project.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Pretty happy today. The 1199 with KZScotts 2871r turbo system was on the dyno!!!
Last I heard it was still in one piece!!!
Big big thank you to Scott for all the support!!! All the insight!!! All the expertise!!! Tremendous

So the numbers started coming in this afternoon.

On 110 pump gas,( available here in Michigan) the bike made 335hp at ~13psi.
Bill backed it up a bit and I'm going to run it at about 303.
On the 7psi spring it's about 245hp

Then he switched to the C16.
357hp at ~15psi.
The Muzzys clutch springs gave up at 17psi and 369hp.
Very happy. ?
Going to run it at the 15psi.

Survived the dyno!!! Couldn't be happier.

cmg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,283 Posts
Thats awesome

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
not bad for the first prototype on that system ;)
cant wait for you to drive it. those little ball bearing turbos make boost at such low throttle you would swear its supercharged.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That is just a stunning bike!

Clean lines, uncluttered paint scheme, awesome (and I don't use that word much) pipes on the side.

Very envious,

Don.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Thanks Don iPhone 6 doesn't do it justice. LOL

Zum, the R1 arm is longer than stock and the 14 forks are pulled in some. So with 18/46 I hope the freeway speeds will be rideable when I crank on the throttle a bit.
?

cmg

41 - 60 of 76 Posts