Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found passenger handles that'll fit on the 12? I've checked a pair that came off a '99 6R and a pair that came off a '99 9R and neither will fit.

I'm hoping that I can find some off an old 7R..maybe?.. and bolt them into the holes that my bungee spools used to occupy. Otherwise, I s'pose I'll be fabbing some.

I saw a dude that had the tiny wing-type handle from an older 7R bolted onto the rear of his 12R...it looked cool as shiznit but there really wasn't much for the passenger to hang onto.

Anyway, I'm open to ideas...so shout 'em out as they come to ya!

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
I am glad my 12 doesn't have grab handles. The passenger should hold onto the rider in my opinion, esspecially if it has the acceleration of the 12, and more esspecially if she is cute!!! :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OutsiderZX12R said:
I am glad my 12 doesn't have grab handles. The passenger should hold onto the rider in my opinion, esspecially if it has the acceleration of the 12, and more esspecially if she is cute!!! :D
That's all fine and well until you've put in a 100+ mile day with your "cute" passenger leaning nearly all her weight onto your aching,screaming back and wrists..know-what-I-mean :cry: ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I use the Ventura rack with a small pack, I only put it on when the wife wants to go, very easy to install (5 min.) looks good also. I sure wish Kaw. would have put handles there instead of the spools, who has really used them for that purpose ?, anyway.... I've got a 00 ZX-7 , i'll dig up one of the handles to see if it works , sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ddub said:
I use the Ventura rack with a small pack, I only put it on when the wife wants to go, very easy to install (5 min.)
Thanks..that's exactly what my intentions are...put them on for the rare occasions I do take my wife for a ride and then remove them right afterwards.Take one look at my bike and you can see that I prefer the less-is-more approach to things. Just didn't think I'd need to explain myself to get support on this one. :roll:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: GRAB RAIL

JNZX12R said:
I have a Rentec Grab Rail for a ZX12R for sale. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any pics of it? I have no idea what a Rentec Grab Rail looks like..thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Rentech makes a grab rail for the 12.. You can buy one through HPS for about 50 bucks..

Here is a link for HPS.. Its not on there site anymore but they do carry it..

http://www.bikehps.com/

Boostable

·
Registered
464 Posts
YOU SAID IT JIGGY

ALIEN HERE

YOU SAID IT JIGGY NOT US!! NOTHING WRONG WITH THOSE HANDLES!!

MY WOMAN LIKE EM :p

ALIEN OUT

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jiggsyking said:
I use the grab rail's located on either side of my waist. They work quite well. :D

I'd have my wife do that as well but...I have both my bike and myself on diets :p

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
GhengisX said:
my girl uses the big reach around handle in the middle :shock:
And the knobs on either side serve as "front wheel elevation controls" when my passenger thinks my riding has gotten a bit aggressive. :?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: GRAB RAIL

Do you have any pics of it? I have no idea what a Rentec Grab Rail looks like..thanks![/quote]

I will try and find a picture and email it to you today. I installed it for about a week and then removed it. I will take 30$ plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Venumb,
I got the Rentec sports rack. It is similar to the grab rail, fits the same way but has a platform big enough for a small bag. Kills 2 birds with one stone, same store.
Regards
Ted

·
Registered
45 Posts
grab rail

Easy has pics of grab rails on his site.Ive got an NWS rail wich looks factory and does not use the frankie bolts on the side .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts