Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my PC3 has arrived.. i have searched for an intall guide on youtube on powercommder/dynojet website and cannot seem to find one..

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Which plugs go where?.. i have worked out the ground wire.. LOL..:crazyloco:

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so its under the tank? the multi plug...

then the ground wire to the negative side of battery

then i also have another plug with red and black wires on a 2pin plug? is this red plug standard? where does it plug into?

Colin

·
Registered
487 Posts
Your on track so far...that 2 pin connector connects to the rear brake light power when you hit the pedal....while the tank is up look between the rear brake fluid reservoir and the frame and you'll see the connectors your supposed to tap into with the PC connectors...just make sure guide the thick cord threw the frame and not over it or the seat won't mount properly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your on track so far...that 2 pin connector connects to the rear brake light power when you hit the pedal....while the tank is up look between the rear brake fluid reservoir and the frame and you'll see the connectors your supposed to tap into with the PC connectors...just make sure guide the thick cord threw the frame and not over it or the seat won't mount properly.
Ok cool ..thanks for that...

I have lift the tank and located the brake light plug.. so thats good

Behind the battery area there are 3 mutiplugs, 1 small (3rd in) and two large, side by side... do i need the first one in or the second one (middle) or indeed do both plug into the PC3..!!

Sorry for all the dumbass questions but i do not have a fitting guide.>!! your help as always is appreciated... thank you

Colin

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
the pc will go inline with one set of plugs, it wont fit the wrong set

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
I accidentally plugged mine into the wrong plugs once...

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
i havent seen the 04+ harness, they use the same plugs??

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
The row of 3 connectors all look identical, except one is grey. For some silly reason I plugged my pc5 into the wrong one. Still started up and ran too, but I knew straight away something wasn't quite right and shut it off

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The row of 3 connectors all look identical, except one is grey. For some silly reason I plugged my pc5 into the wrong one. Still started up and ran too, but I knew straight away something wasn't quite right and shut it off
Did the headlights tune in OK Steve; any problems mapping the horn into the new indicators ?, always worth knowing this stuff for future reference :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Did the headlights tune in OK Steve; any problems mapping the horn into the new indicators ?, always worth knowing this stuff for future reference :thumbup:
Haha!!

Yeah the horn started playing the Japanese national anthem :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies Guys..

Got it sorted ... as KZScott says it can only fit one of the multiplugs...

the middle one ...

So all done... thanks.. just got to ride it to work tomorrow see how it runs... then try some maps on Sat...

Colin

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well all fitted in and back together..

Plugged in the laptop.. found a map from Dynojet for the Micron Sepent headers and K&N filters.. loaded it up..went for a ride..!!!

Awesome... what a difference... all the low down fluffiness and stuttering gone... still not absolutely perfect so going to try Wylde's map from Dave Potters site (thanks guys).. and see what happens with that one loaded..

Colin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts