Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been one of the unlucky ones with starting issues and the PC3R.
I have made it clear here on the Forum that I was not happy with the issues which were causing my bike to almost lock up when attempting to start the bike with the PC3R attached.. Remove the PC3R and the problem went away.. It didn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure the issues were PC3R related..

Well, Dynojet seems to have found a fix for my bike and the other 12's which were also having this problem..
I was contacted by Dynojet and ask if I would install a new PC3R for the Zx-12.. I agreed and the unit arrived last week..
Upon first inspection it is clear that there have been physical changes to the wiring harness.. I am not sure exactly what has been changed, but the harness is almost 25% to 30% thicker than the previous versions..

Well, I removed my old unit and installed the new PC3R wondering if this
might make my 12 start without the starter drag and stall.
After it was back together I tried to start the bike.. Fired right up..
Let it warm up and then went for about a 15 minute ride.. Once I returned home the bike was turned off and let sit for about 3 or 4 minutes..
This is when I always had problems starting the bike.. After It Was Warm .
I tried to start the bike, and there was no hesitation at all.. This was almost too good to be true..
I waited a couple more minutes and tried it again.. same results.. fired right up.. no starting issues at all..
I did this several times during the afternoon and the bottom line is whatever Dynojet has done to the new and improved PC3R it has apparently fixed my starting problem..
The folks at Dynojet are anxiously waiting for me to let them know it this new unit fixes the starting problem.. It looks like there are quite a few customers with PC3R starting related issues...

I will discuss this with the folks at Dynojet tomorrow, but you guys are the first to know that it seems they have found the problem..

So, if you have had these issues with your PC3R contact the folks at Dynojet for this fix...

·
Registered
650 Posts
ya know thats funny................i was talking to a service tech not that long ago and he said the pc3r was fine and it was the bike that had the problem.............looks like I`ll make another call soon....... :lol:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Great!!!!

we'll need a service reference number or something so we can make our case to them.

thanks man!!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Is it that the PC3R was replaced and the old one DID have a problem, or that the increased wire size cured it. Hard to tell since 2 things were changed. In any case, I hope ya get it all taken care of now..!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with the folks at Dynojet today and let them know the new unit seemed to take care of my starting issue..
I also ask exactly what they thought was the cause.
Dynojet has been working for some time to find out why some 12 are effected and some were not..
The major issue seems to revolve around excessive noise.. Not the sound type of noise, but RF or Electro magnetic noise..
The increased size of the wiring harness is to shield the signal from being bombarded with these unwanted fields..
According to their engineers the warmer the bike got, more RF noise would be emitted causing the lockup or stall to happen..
The funny thing is it looks as though the problem really was the fault of the bike.. What can I say.. I have a loud bike :D
The bottom line is what ever they did cured my problem, and if your bike has suffered the same problems give them a call..
But don't expect them to just send you a new PC3R just because you ask :? You will have to return your old unit in order to receive the new and improved one.. But you already knew that didn't you :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts