Kawasaki World banner

How well does your PCIIIR communicate with your computer?

• When I plug it in to the PCIIIR it works flawlessly every time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I sometimes have to start the bike, but it is easy to get it to communicate

• It is quite difficult to communicate, I struggle with every map

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PCIIIR on my ZX-12R and it is great. However I have a major hassle getting it to communicate with my laptops (I have tried a couple different types running Win9x and Win2000.
I basically have to boot the PowerCommander software and then start my bike and turn it off a couple times until I finally get communications. It may not comm for long, but most of the time once it works it is OK unless I turn off the bike and then I start all over again.
I have also found that the newest version of PowerCommander software is much more unstable when trying to communicate to the PCIIIR. I find I have to use the old version.

I was speaking with Cliff Randall and he says his PCIIIR communicates flawlessly every time. Do I have a bad PCIIIR?

Can you let me know if you have problems with the new version of PowerCommander compared to the last version which is 1-2 years old I think.

thanks,

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine works every time. However, I did a buddy's bike the other day and had to install his new software to communicate with his PCIII. Now I will have to see if the newest software version will work with my 3 year old PCIII. I have been very fortunate with my Power Commander. Despite some horror stories, I bought mine used and it has worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Excellent servey Dale........Possibly those with problems could list their set-up equipment wise that is, including software so that we could look for a failure pattern.
I'd very much like to share my in-depth experiences, (failures and successes), with your many PC3 users. We have determined that there are some pretty exciting and previously unknown, realtime features to help tune motors and more importantly, to give people a chance to better understand the activities going on within the 12. Let's consider it for an upcoming mojo radio cast.....Neat stuff!
Cheers,
Cliff

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
My old PCIII works perfectly with a crusty old Thinkpad running Win98 using the latest DJ software.

·
Registered
690 Posts
pc

I'm thinking of selling my new pc3r I bought with the Akro and K&N's.I disconnected it a couple days ago,and I can hardly tell a difference in power.Only roll-on's are a bit softer.It'll still lift in 3rd,so it's plenty strong for my 240lb butt.My only option is to take it to the tuning center and dump another couple hundred into it for a couple more hp.I want my bike to run ok every time I want to go for a ride,and not be playing around trying to get it running good.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The PCIIIR is not necessarily for more power, but for smoother power. I found that with Cliff's mod's to the maps that the on-off response was improved in a huge way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts