Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you all that own pick-ups, what ramps do you use to get the ZX-12R into the bed. I see a lot of ramps online that only have a 500 lb. rating? I just got a Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road and figured someone here would have all the ramp info I need! Thanks. :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
I can load mine up by myself. My 12 is about 100 lbs lighter than stock but my Tacoma is the 2.4L with 14" wheels so its not sitting high. My ramp is only rated for 400 lbs but I've used it on Gold Wings.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I can load mine up by myself. My 12 is about 100 lbs lighter than stock but my Tacoma is the 2.4L with 14" wheels so its not sitting high. My ramp is only rated for 400 lbs but I've used it on Gold Wings.
You got what I called the baby taco. I used to have a 2.7L 5 spd 99 factory lifted with a 3" additional lift and 32's and loading my quad in without ramps was fun. Wheelie it onto the sissybar, then roll it up to the gate and lift her up into it. The drop off probably wasn't too good for the shocks.

I dread the day I HAVE to load my 12 into a truck. I drove her since I got her.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would like to know what all you did to that thing to knock a 100lbs off????

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
my pops built this little beauty for me when I moved out west:

it has a drop axle, meaning to unload you need to back up to any sidewalk and roll the bikes off. I think he spent $140 on materials, including the snazzy blue paint for the deck :loco:

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
Carbon wheels, cut tank, race upper to start with...lots of odds and ends removed.

As for a trailer, I use the 4x8 now that the 12 is lowered. $300 at Harbor Freight. After 5 years of usage and waaaay higher speeds and tons more miles than I was supposed to run with no bearing maintenance the bearing finally went out on me last week, just fixed it back up tonight:

Rnr cycles image by shiphteey on Photobucket

Their light, low and cheap.

A.

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
2 600s fit although tight. I'm going to build my sides up now so I can transport my other stuff in their instead of killing valuable space in the back of my truck. Got no extended cabs so to/from shit gets wet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts