Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This first one is from Rt. 2 in Florida MA. My KZ1100 is the bike on the right. I don't know who the guy is with the Suzuki 900, but I destroyed him in the twisties!

In this picture you can see where I took the previous picture. On the left side of the picture you can see a white building which is along Rt. 2 I took the previous picture from the parking lot on the left side of it.

Here is a picture of the Bear Swamp generating plant in Rowe MA. It uses water from that upper reservoir to power the turbines. At night, the turbines reverse and fill the upper reservoir up again.

This is a picture of where I took the previous 2 pictures. All the way at the top under the high-tension wires. Its a very steep drop!

Here is a picture of the Hoosic train tunnel. It's about 4.75 miles long. This is the Florida MA end and it comes out in North Adams MA.

Here is a picture of the Rowe nuclear power plant which is now decomissioned. It was the 3rd nuclear power plant in the country and the 1st comercially successful one

A picture of the Harriman Reservoir in VT. The glory hole spillway is on the right.

A better shot of the glory hole spill way.

A view from above the glory hole. The water is very low right now but when the level is high, the rushing water down the spillway is a very impressive sight.

This is where the spilway empties out. It's about 100 or so feet down to the river

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Great pics.... Keep it up always nice to see what other members see when they ride.... Nothing cool in Mid Missouri though....

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Yep.. thanks for the view. Great pics :D

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Those are nice!! I have to take some picts of the pot holes around here one day :lol:

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Here is a picture of the Rowe nuclear power plant which is now decomissioned.
I guess I'll get the blame for that! :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, my company acquired the Engineering Services Division of Yankee Atomic Electric Co. (YAEC) in 1997.

Great pics.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I'll get the blame for that! BTW, my company acquired the Engineering Services Division of Yankee Atomic Electric Co. (YAEC) in 1997.
You should have seen the truck they put the concrete encased reactor on. The whole load was 300+ tons and it sat on a trailer with 48 axles! The rig pulling it was massive! When they got to powerlines, they pulled a lever and the entire trailer dropped about a foot and a half. The load was so heavy that they had to attach a second rig to the front of it to get the load rolling again! I had never seen a road vehicle that large before so I was late getting to school because I drove past it several times in order to check it out!

·
4,208 Posts
Great pics incredible views you'll have to meet us next year for or second annual NE/ VT riders get together......Brian

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Two thumbs up on that

Man I love seeing these kind of photo shots.

For people that have never been to a given area, it sort of gives you a feel for the area. The only time I've seen the east part of the country is from 30K feet!

Definitely cool pictures, I wish more people would do the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts