Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY MARK, ROY TOLD ME ABOUT YOUR CRASH. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY. WE SHOULD PROBABLY ALERT THE OTHER FORUM MEMBERS OF THAT BAD STRETCH OF (BACK YARD). GENTLEMAN, IF YOU ARE EVER RIDING IN SILVR (ROYS) FRONT YARD----BEWARE OF THE LOWSIDE THREAT ALONG HIS DRIVEWAY! IT'LL SNEAK UP ON YA! :lol: :lol: :lol: HOPE THE BIKES OK.....CHRIS

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Had me worried, He's one of the guy's in the white hat in the ole western movie's.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Gawd!!!! Well...hell. I guess I now have the honor of joining the "0 mph Low-Side Cub." Actually, my crash happened going minus 0.25 mph. That's right, BACKWARDS. I was sitting on the seat walking it backwards in the dark and got too close to the edge of the driveway where a damn ditch started. All of a sudden, my right foot found air. The 12 fell over and landed on the edge of a concrete pipe. Ouch! Roy's driveway is so big around his castle, I guess he needed a moat! I'm glad Roy and Mark-PMB were there to help me carefully lift it up without scratching everything else. This happened after we loaded Roy's 12 in the bed of his new $100k pickup and mine on his new trailer. We rode around Salisbury with Mark-PMB riding behind us on his PMB 12 so he could let us know when the bikes fell off. This was a dry run for Daytona trip. Anyway, we loaded and off loaded both 12s without even one scratch. That just didn't seem right so I decided to shove mine down the ditch. The fall popped the right front signal light out of the upper cowling. No problem there - When I got home, it was a 5 minute fix. The only damage was to the right lower cowling and its upper bracket (the bracket that attaches the cowling to the motor - it also holds the clutch cable). The cowling is cracked and has rash. I'm very lucky. There were absolutely no scratches or other damage, other than the cowl. When I got home, I took off the cowling and performed a VT (visual examination) over the entire 12. VT used to be acronym for visual testing. (See you learned something). Anyway, I just priced everything except the bracket which is not listed on Ron Ayers website. Grand total to replace cowl and all the little stuff (e.g., decals, pads, etc.) is around $360. But, I could just replace the cowling for $250. The only problem I see is getting the parts before Daytona trip. Oh well... Shit happens. You can quote me on that.

Hey Richard, Since you now have a pic of me and I am now a member of your 0 mph crash club, I just can't wait to see what you Photoshop next.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
that really sux :twisted: :twisted:

so my guesstimitation of $400.00 was pretty close

Roy's driveway is so big around his castle, I guess he needed a moat!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Thats not right CW

:lol: :lol:

I could not find any silver fairings on ebay but I also found the pieces on ron ayers!

did you check to see if they were in stock?

Roy

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Roy, can you still get your $1000 brake rotors after paying to fix
Mark's bike???

You are gonna fix his bike are'nt you???

No pressure or anything....

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Damn that sucks. Coulda been the Wang. Y'all would probably still trying to hoist that monster up!! :) Glad you're not hurt, well physically maybe. :)

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
The Wang would have still been in the ditch.
Hoisting the 540 lb beast from its muddy pit was not the
easiest job of the night.....

Now that I think of it Roy, my back hurts from picking old silver up,
whats your Homeowners policy #, or do you just want to trade
some stuff :p

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Damn mark... you better take care of that Silver 12 you know we are a dieing breed :D Glad evertyhing is cool. And come to think of it maybe I should be in the club does this count?

It was the first week I had the 12 and I rode it up to work. Not thinking about the asphalt parking area it was a 100+ deg day and as soon as I started to walk away the 12 started to sink. I wasn't there fast enough to completely save it so I sat on the curb under it and slowly let it come over on me. (talk about love for the bike) Im not a small guy so I didn't have a problem getting her off of me but I was still mad as hell.. She still have a scratch on the wing to show for it.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Oh, my back,... and neck!! Uh...yeah, that's right. I think now I'm impotent too. Hey Roy, some Han's CF ram air duct covers might make me feel a little better. Plus, well, Roy... Debi said she missed some sleep last night because she was so worried that it could have been her Wang. Now she wants some compensation. I got mud on my brand new Alpinestar boots too. Remember, I'm a self-proclaimed expert on leather. I can assure you it will take some serious soap and expensive water to clean that boot. I think I just got carpal tunnel syndrome having to type this post.

Hey Mark-PMB, Can you meet me at Roy's tonight to split up his stuff? What do you want to do about Kelly, his kids, and the animals? I don't really want to put them out on the street. Maybe I should leave them the Buell.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
OK, OK, Ya gravareet Ruskee. Ya khachu pivo, manoga khalodnia batilka pivo. Ti?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts