Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I've noticed from reading other posts that you both have 00's with Muzzy pipes. As do I. I am currently experiencing the following issues:

1) Nasty idle hunt - like about 500 rpms worth
2) Running shitty from idle to ~3000rpm, very "flat"...
3) A very, very rapid "instability" between 4000rpm and 5000rpm

Just wondering if you guys have had to deal with any or all of the above issues, and if so, what worked best for getting rid of each issue...

TIA,

Scott

</p>

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I had a custom map built(about 200 bucks) if you want a copy.. Still had idle hunt but runs good...

If her eyes aren't crossed and one eye lid flapping like a hummingbird wing your not quite there yet...</p>

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hoser where are you from??? I'm in NYC...

I have my idle set at 1300rpm, my 12 idles better there...I have spent alot of time trying to smooth out the 2500rpm stumble, it's not going to happen...I get it the best I can but its still there!!!

Until someone tells me the secret to knowing how dyno jet set up the fuel properties from the beginning, instead of starting with zeros Then I will be able to figure out how to get rid of the stumble...We all know that it SHOULD NOT be like that!!!...Thats why you NEED thier DynoJet Dyno Tunner!!!

See what I am getting at here!!!

I have yet to get a shop with a DynoJet 250 with exhaust sensor to let me be there as they tune my 12 for best map possible!!!...I already got screwed once!!!...The guy did a halfass map for me because he didnt want to spend the time for a quality map!!!...They take your money though!!!...By the way his personal bike and race bikes run smooth as silk!!!

CrotchRocket

" I just live my life a 1/4 mile at a time "

9.67 @ 146.99</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub56.ezboard.com/bkawasakizx12r.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=crotchrocket>CrotchRocket</A> 
at: 9/4/02 6:03:04 am

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hoser,
I also have the idle hunt but I've learned to live with it. I had to turn my idle up like CrotchRocket. I used Cliff's maps off the custom maps section and it improved my driveability. That says alot because it has been very hot here in VA this summer and I live in the city and travel from light to light everyday. I used to have that stumble, but after loading his map, she takes off about 2500k.

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just outside of Toronto dude...

As far as the pipe goes, I think that's total horseshit. I'll yank the fuckin' thing off and throw it in a junk pile before I'll pay somebody else to spend all that time fixing what shouldn't be a problem in the first place... The Muzzy HP gains are nice, but I've pretty much destroyed my "rideability" in the process, and by what I've read thus far, there really is no way to get it back, short of changing pipes. Like I said, horseshit...

As a matter of fact, I think I'll post my Muzzy in the Buy and Sell section tonight!!!

Grrrr.....

</p>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I am running Dave From Daytona's map on my bike. Pretty lean but it runs pretty good under 3K now and gets 34 mpg in the city with the 17 tooth sprocket

</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts