Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am puting some time in for the Black Hills get together (June 7-11).

Is anyone else thinking about going??

I figured the driving time to be about 23 hours. If possible I am going to rent a bike trailer and tow it behind my truck. If there is enough interest in this, I would like to get at least 3-4 riders (hopefully one with a four door SUV/truck) and we could all go together and offset some of the cost of gas etc..

Its only 8 months away :lol: :lol: :lol: , so please let me know.

·
4,208 Posts
Ditto but I am leaving from NYC.......Tainui is a definite......one possibly 2 more would be fine.....except I am gonna rent either an expidition or an excursion...why put the miles and abouse on mine???hehe Tainui wants me to get an rv.....lol

·
4,208 Posts
know how much they run to rent????Anyone?????

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Trust me on this. Tow and rent a cabin at Kemps.

We spent $1700 on the RV from Denver to BH last year... Never again...

The cabins (which you'll only be in for 7 hours a night) are only $38 a night at Kemps.

Forget the RV, man.

Just my worthless .02 worth, but I'm throwing it out there.

·
4,208 Posts
Not worthless actually much appreciated........That Just Made UP MY Mind..........Thank U soooooo much

·
Registered
222 Posts
As the weather gets colder, I'm starting to think more of the nice warm excellent riding we had at the Black Hills this past summer. I would like to suggest that we investigate other choices besides Kemps however. Thier cabins were ok but they didn't have phones (no access to the internet so we could post back to this forum) and even cell phones didn't work well in the canyon. He also stuck me with the last night although I tried to cancel it a day in advance but he requires 2 days notice on cancelations.. I'll get over it but kemps just rubbed me wrong and I was having too much fun in the hills.

Hey Skeeter... you are going again next year arn't you.. You know I really need the scape goat :twisted:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I'm open if we can find a similar type of place. I don't want to stay in a hotel/motel like Holiday Inn, I hate hotels. A campground with cabins suits me well. I'll see what I can dig up in my South Dakota Visitors guide.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Good idea Blitz! It's still along ways away, but still fresh in my mind. Maybe look around Deadwood, Lead area just to be different. There is a camp area up the highway from Lead called Wild Bills that I used before. Don't know if they have cabins though, see if it's listed in your book. Would be a little closer to Kawiman. It's alittle more of a ride to the area where we where at, but that's kind of what it's all about. I'm still in, and looking forward to it. 8)

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Okay, I'm gonna throw a little, tiny wrench into the works here, but I want to do it WAY before anyone signs up for VAC time.

We do not know yet what the MRA schedule is next year.

Last June, due the timing, Mal had to miss a race (because it was the weekend of BH).

We have determined that from a points standpoint (in 2003), we cannot afford to miss even one race.

So my question is, if we have to move the BH up or down one week, does that still work for everyone?

Thanks, Blitz.

P.S. - I don't know when they are going to post the MRA schedule, but I'm hoping soon!!!

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im OK for a shift in the sched. I have enough forwarning to adjust for it. Shit... by then I might not even be working at the same place.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If you can find a place to stay in Deadwood or Lead, find one that the shuttle bus stops at. Deadwood has gambling and is a very fun little town still in the old west theme. You can ride the shuttle bus anywhere it goes in Deadwood/Lead for 50 cents. Drinks are very cheap when gambling, making the bus a great way to get safetly back to where you are staying.

A couple of years ago my wife and I went to a snowmobile tour there that was part of an Arctic Cat's owners club. We rode right from our motel in Deadwood and did 700 miles in four days of riding. Most of the time we were at 80+ mph. While that isn't that much miles for flat-landers, we were on our mountain sleds. No sway bars, narrow ski stance, 2" paddle long tracks. But we had a great time and found a lot of deep powder riding off of the trails.

Anyway, IF my wife and I were to attend we could either go RV park or motel/cabins.

My tent and bike/snowmobile trailer

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If by group you mean caravanning, then definately.

However, if you mean catching a ride, that could be a problem. Trailer only holds two bike in its current configuration. Since we don't have kids, we bought a camper that only sleeps 2, but maximizes room in other areas. I sometimes wish I had bought a motorhome for a lot more room, but when snowmobiling, I am very happy to have 4-wheel drive.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Ya, gotta go to packing.org to check out the rest of the "safety" factors. I just might be legal all the way between WA and OR permits.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Miklos and QW, I'm in your area. I don't know about next June, but I would like to check out some other 12R's. I know of two other guys with 12's that I've met at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I am going along with Mr. Murphy in the 9R forum. I am in Vancouver,BC, Canada so that should apply to the Pacific North West topic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts