Kawasaki World banner

Ping Old Time 12R.org Members

42K views 300 replies 51 participants last post by  OutsiderZX12R 
#1 ·
Step into my office.

Where is Vozzie, Go200, MarkPMB, Lie2me, Kiwi, ynot, edge2edge, Outsider and all you other old school post whores.

Geez i miss the good old days on the .org Had to pop in and say hi. My first stop was the old ignore thread. Mike it really does my heart good to see you keeping it alive with ultra high quality photos! I think of you guys every time I pull the 10 onto the blacktop at work in the summer and plop down my old zx-12r.org kickstand coaster. Sucks i don't get on more often and hang out.

#2 ·
May not remember me but I was certainly around during those heady days of the .org! (was originally Duck12 until the site crashed and had to re-sign up). Didn't post so much but sure was entertaining reading fellas like yourself and others mentioned 'sparring' over the internet, good times! Actually I was only just thinking the same thing of where everyone is, and even your name popped into my mind, along with several others..true story...

Don.

#6 ·
'Sup, Zerker?? :crazyloco::crazyloco:

Good to see your post!! I, like most of the old guard, have pretty much dropped out of the ranks of regular visitors to this site... Everything changes... Good & bad, I guess... I prolly drop in about once a month...

Still have the 12, still getting tickets, still causing trouble in my own small way... :thumbup::thumbup:

I still occasionally keep in touch with some of the crew - Barbarian, ZX12Richard, EPSTEIN, Skid Vicious, Lie2Me, and a few others...

Hope you & yours are doing well - Ride safe, Brotherman... :king::king:

#8 ·
When things turned into a dictatorship people leave. Having one person as mod that goes unchecked is never a good move for any group. It didn't work in Nazi Germany, it didn't work well in the USSR, and it don't work well on internet sites either. Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

#10 ·
I haven't been on this site in a looong time but saw this thread and figured I might as well post. I started a tech business, sold the 12, got married, had two kids, bought a red Porsche for a track toy to replace the red 12, so on and so forth. Not quite checking out the hotties in Florida like some of our members but hey, life here ain't so bad either:)

#11 ·
Still have my 12R but haven't ridden it much, kind of lost interest. Got very sick in January with respiratory virus and pneumonia. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital, 2 weeks in ICU intubated, allmost died. Feel like I have a 2nd chance at life now. Think I will go riding this year perhaps..

#12 ·
Retired for the second time (January 3rd) in the last 7 months. Think it will stick this time....now a full time Mr Mom at home. My girls are now 14 and 9 ...the real fun years. :) Plan on putting some BIG time milage on the VFR this season....and settling in with my new role within the family.

#13 ·
Que Pasa Zerker...

Spending most of my FORUM time on Jeep forums, as I am TRYING to build a YJ from the frame up.

Miss the old crew,but I do visit from time to time...

Don't have a bike anymore, would like a cruiser.

My wife retires in 2 years and we will most likely move to Florida, going to hang out with Blitz! LOL

I do get to see Alien from time to time...

Kinda miss Norman's rants...

#22 ·
People from the past are starting to surface, i like it since i got to meet several of you in person at deals gap years ago. I'm still around but have not ridden as much as i like to. I'm hoping to change that this year.

Lou

#43 ·
Hi Guys,

I wasn't an original but not too far from it. Although I didn't post a lot, I spent many hours a day monitoring what you were all up to.

GO.. You always provided a sensible and mature cohesion between all the crazy dudes on the forum, including some falling outs. I remember watching the rise and learning curve of NinjaNick. Stef (BlackZZR) over in Germany who pined for a ZX-12R. Closer to home was Chewie and Duck00, G'Day to you guys.

Anyway, I had the 12 and bought an 07 ZX-10R as well for the track. Had to part with the 12 and due to financial circumstances, I had to part with the 10 as well. For the last few years I've had a 96 ZX-11. A great old bus which was once the king of the road.

Can you remind me of the guys name who set up the .Org? I can't remember it.

Best regards to all.