Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about rims, PMI or RC. What about the width. Can I fit a 6.25" or even a 6.50" on the back.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Those rims are fine, and stay with the origional size rims!!!...Also, make sure you find out what kind or bearings they use in the rims and get yourself a few pairs to have as backups, and leave a pair in your bike at all times...I have seen a few guys with aftermarket rims chew up wheel bearings and be in the middle of know where and cannot get any bearings...If you have a pair in your trunk at least you can get someone to install the bearings!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey CrotchRocket, what do you think causes the bearings to be eaten up in aftermarlet wheels? My friend has a Blackbird and we both went with aftermarket wheels, but he chewed up a set of bearings in his rear. He sent the wheel back because he thought something was wrong with it, but they said that the wheel was fine. But after 7,000 miles, I haven't had any problems. The only difference is that I ordered my set with a cush drive and he didn't.

·
Registered
759 Posts
They use cheap aftermarket Wheel Bearings!!!...Those Bastages, they dont care!!!...Do some investigating and size up some OEM bearings from Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki,Kawasaki and get them!!!

CrotchRocket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts