Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish my bro didn't sell his 12 cause I sure could use it right about now. I took my bike apart to get it custom painted and now that the fairings are done I have forgotten where some of the grometts and other miscelaneous itmes go. I already feel stupid so no need to rub it in. This is my first in a series of ?'s

1) The tail section. Are there supposed to be rubber grometts in the 4 holes that the bungee bolts go through or do the bolts just go in alone and rest against the plastic? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I know that one.... Yes grommets do go there.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Rubber grommets..... let em rip we'll all figure it out...

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Iv'e had those parts off and on so many BAM times I could be a Kawi mechanic. :lol:
Fire those questions off Sndnga...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
re:

Thank you mwrzx12 plz do send those zip files to me at [email protected].

As soon as the bike is done I will take a picture and try to post it, if I cant post it I will email it to somebody who does know how to post it.

Question #2) when sitting on the bike the bolts closest to you that attach the tank cover by your inside thighs look like what? Are they the ones that look like bolts that hold the helmet cables except shorter? I hope so because these are the ones I used and I dont feel like taking it apart again. Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
re:

found the answer on kawasaki's site. It was it. but my damn computer at home is too damn slow. You probably could get me the answers befor my computer even makes it to kawasaki's site.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
re:

question #3

On kawaskai's website the diagram for the lowers shows a part labeled A(with a cirlcle around it) in the upper right hand corner. This part supposedly goes on the right fairing (towards the back right where the exhaust comes out), I dont see this part laying around anywhere and I dont remember anything being there. Did I lose a part? and my bike is not completely painted or is this some misprint ? By the way Im just waiting for my left mirror to come and some flush mounts. After that I will try to post the pic.

G

·
0 Posts
I've been there before. I've taken everything off methodically, put the pieces down in a way I could remember. Then forgot what that method was. Nothing like putting the bike back together and having pieces left over! :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Just went out and looked on mine... From the looks its mounted on the inside of your fairing.... If you have no piece of plastic mounted in that location... You lost it...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
re:

well the reason I'm painting it is cause i wrecked it. and basically broke every piece of plastic that came on the bike. I bought all used pieces off of ebay and all different colors. So this piece that attaches to the right fairing probably didn't come attached to the piece I bought. Can you tell me what it does if anything or if it is just asthetic? Anyone have a pic of this piece? I honestly dont remeber anything being there befor I wrecked.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts