Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rotors went out very quickly on my '00,even during break-in I started to feel a pulsing.Awhile later,I got the updated service notice on the front wheel install.The one about the 1-3mm space on the right side?I found mine to be clamped tight.Would this press the caliper in tight against the rotor,heating/warping the disc.?
I saw some guys still buying left-over '00 '01's,so I this might help.

Jeff

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
axle

You basically install the front wheel as usual,but "before tightening the rh(sitting on bike) pinch bolts,pump the forks up and down 4 or 5 times to allow the r fork leg to find a neutral position on the axle.Then tighten the rh pinch bolts."

Jeff

·
Registered
412 Posts
The thing is you have dealers that hire KIDS to work for min. wage, then they are the ones who are putting bikes together out of the crate. When a bike comes to the dealer in a crate nine times out of ten the front wheel will be off, so the install is left to the min. wage worker, although there is a small booklet that goes to the service dept. that will explain the install of all the parts needed to be put together (front wheel), if you look in the service man. the front wheel install isn't like the old days (jus slap it on), also DON'T use the pinch bolts to hold the axle while tightening the axle nut. The service man. has all the info :wink:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Did you actually get a service bulletin on this, or was it something you heard at the shop? I can't find shit for shinola on a service bulletin concerning this.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dose the service man. for the "A" model cover front wheel install like the "B" model service man. . This might explain a service notice UPDATE to the dealers. jus my 02 :wink:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rotor

the clearance between the wheel spacer and fork should be 0.8 and 3.3 mm.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
What I am really looking for here is was this a Service Bulletin, or not.

Thanks, Blitz. 8)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
notice

Oh,it was an addendum,information that replaces the front wheel installation section on page 9-4 of the ZX1200-A1 Service Manual(P/N 99924-1253-01)

Jeff

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Here it is kids the addendum to the service manual.... :D :D :D
Sorry so big I do this so it will print full page and not lose quality..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts