Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

i'm waiting for a pc3usb unit to arrive.I tried a search for a map close to my setup but i cant find somethin,i checked Dave's guide though(I found yoshimura rs3 duplex full exhaust only maps,i have trs slip on)If anyone has same mods like mine,i ll be glad to read a suggestion!I know i have to make a custom map,but i have to wait until i ll grab a full acrapovic system.Finally,if i will enable the accelerator pump utility,any good street driving setup opinion?
i have 2000 model,stock engine,yoshimura trs carbon slip on with mid pipe,Kn filters,Muzzy rotor +4,KLEEN removed,iridium spark plugs.Thanks!:thumbup:

http://flic.kr/p/kzGFBQ

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The accelerator feature is a suspect in serious mid and high rpm map distortion. Which causes screwed up A/F numbers and poor performance in top end performance on the road. It doesn't show on the dyno but is believed to cause serious real road condition issues.
Brock has said he does not utilize anything but the base function of the PCs.
The condition may be accentuated in the PC5.

cmg

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
I tried the accelerator pump feature for a couple of weeks, on top of a dyno tuned map. Sometimes it would get to the stage where I couldn't take off from traffic lights because it had been running so rich, the plugs must have been fouling up. And that was just on minimal settings..
Disabled the settings and never had a problem since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok,so the accelerator utility is not worthing
anyone with a custom map similar to my exhaust or mods?
thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I tried the accelerator pump feature for a couple of weeks, on top of a dyno tuned map. Sometimes it would get to the stage where I couldn't take off from traffic lights because it had been running so rich, the plugs must have been fouling up. And that was just on minimal settings..
Disabled the settings and never had a problem since.
Very interesting. :thumbup:

cmg

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a Yoshi slip on and no cat on an 04. I downloaded the Yoshi map from Power Commander. It seemed a little weak compared to stock. I ended up leaning it out a little around the 4500 to 6000 mark. When you look at the data you will see which ranges are high, or at least appear. You may try downloading the map from them then messing with the inputs until you like it. You will know its rich if you look at the end of your pipe and see black. You will know its too lean if its grey at the end of the pipe. I hear its better to be a little rich (better for motor) then lean. I've never tested which are better but well its what "they" say.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
ok,so the accelerator utility is not worthing
anyone with a custom map similar to my exhaust or mods?
thanks for your replies!
With a stock header, I would say any map that is for stock engine or any slip on will be just fine. Honestly you don't really need to change much. You'll really benefit from re-mapping once you change out that stock header.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
With a stock header, I would say any map that is for stock engine or any slip on will be just fine. Honestly you don't really need to change much. You'll really benefit from re-mapping once you change out that stock header.
+1 , also what Steve said is true with 04 and up ..I also tried the accelerator pump setup on my bike and my mates said every time I exited the corners it had a cloud of black smoke but the secondary plates may be the cause of the problem ??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i know a bit rich never hurted any engine
had a friend with cbr 954 and leaned it too much with pc3usb,
the results were to change pistons and engine block but im not sure if it was 100% from the pc3 or hard driving though.(but hard driving with lean mixture:banghead:)
great info,much appreciated @rosstrue and @hibs
i will try the proposed maps when pc3 will arrive and i will repost again.
Last question,aftermarket velocity stacks.. will have any benefits from my stock engine?are they going to ruin the A/F ratio so i have to make a custom map before i ll grab the acrapovic headers?
i heard that stacks benefits are only to overbored engines.no plans for over boring,maybe thiner gasket or cam reprofilling in the future.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I have a stock motor with a Full Brocks "short megaphone system" and Muzzy gold / short stacks with a Brocks tune in mine and it works a treat . Not worth it with standed headers thou !

Edit , I also have rev extend to suit my setup as it Loves to rev .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a stock motor with a Full Brocks "short megaphone system" and Muzzy gold / short stacks with a Brocks tune in mine and it works a treat . Not worth it with standed headers thou !

Edit , I also have rev extend to suit my setup as it Loves to rev .
explained!thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Get an O2 bung on your exhaust and an A/F meter and start riding.A 13:1 A/F ratio is acceptable everywhere for start.Once you get the a picture of what is going on you can make corrections.

Eitherways,leave it as it is and add an octane booster each time you fill up..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts