Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have checked forums and previous posts but can't find an issue that quite fits mine... here goes.. I have a zx9r '94, it was suffering issues idling at low revs and loss of power in the higher speeds as well but running fine in the mid range - after reading around the subject it seems this might be caused by air leakage around where the carb fits the engine - I sprayed some carb cleaner whilst engine running round this area and revs increased significantly. When I inspected the boots where they connect to the engine the rubber o-rings were not in good condition so I replaced with new. Now the issue seems worse - I have loss of power over all speeds in any gear - can barely get above 60mph in top gear and the bike dies at idle - I removed carbs and cleaned all the jets etc. but it has made zero difference. It's almost as though now it is not getting enough air - I'm just not sure what else to check at this point? Have also checked fuel tap, and tank breather - they are ok. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Revs ok at stand still but won’t go much over 40mph normally means the ram air pipes from the front under the head light one or both is disconnected or the little air filter is blocked.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since replacing the o-rings have you tried spraying around them again ? Did you inspect the rubber manifolds for cracks ? Have you checked the condition of the spark plugs ? Ride the bike to the point where the problem starts. Hold the throttle, pull the clutch and hit the kill switch. Pull a plug and check its colour. I'm guessing there a crack in one or more manifolds and its running lean

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts