Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to numbers some files in numerical order but it doesn't work...
such as 1 15 18 19 all come before 2 whats the problem????? My goal is to have them in order... 1 2 3 4 5 6 or 1.0 2.0 or whatever it takes....

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I'm bettin' that if you numbered them 01, 02, 03, ...18, 19, 20, it'd work.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Hey Richard, Are you working on something right now that will get your ass in big trouble?

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark said
Hey Richard, Are you working on something right now that will get your ass in big trouble?

NO.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Not this time... I'm just computer illiterate.. In country boy simple terms (which is me) I'm computer stooopid....

I'm not really country boy as in moo cow country boy... Just small hick town boy...

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Come lookin' fer one of us fancy city boys ta help ya out, eh Hoss?

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yip also lookin for one of them thar big city girls..... Not as in large... Not a moo cow chick..

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yip it worked now I know why they number files that way... I always thought it was to annoy me....

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Well, in a nutshell, it's because the sort works by name from left to right, independent of length. We tend to think of things numerically, that 100 should come after 2. There is no "decimal point" in our filenames, even though the "dot" might throw us off. And letters have a higher value than numbers. That help?

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the 0 worked for me.... I was trying stuff like 1.0 2.0 and that shit didn't work... I knew it would be something little and something stupid....

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
U need to number like 001 002 003 etc depends on how many u want to number if a lot more then just 0001 to start with should be good up to 1000 i think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts