Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Thought I would ask a question. I have owned my C14 for a few months now. When I bought the bike it was on consignment and had 1900 miles on it . It is a 2012 model. It had a few years of warranty left and I bought 4 more years,so I'm covered.

Since day one with the bike 3rd gear was hard sometimes to go into gear but I thought I would see if it got better or worse as it was more of a aggravation now and then than a real problem.

Well yesterday,everything went south,now 3,4, and 5th gear were VERY hard to go into gear and driving back from Daytona (50 miles) my left leg actually hurt when I got home.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before??? The bike is going to the Dealer tomorrow for sure,but trying to figure out what this could be? There is no grinding or noise,the tranny downshifts no problem, but going into 3,4,and5, is very hard now? If anyone has an idea on this I'd be proud to hear it!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
ive got a zx10r stripped in the garage with same problems.

sounds like the bike before you got it has been thrashed, it will more than likley be a strip down to investigate (in my opinion this is ) you will probably find that there are chip.missing metal on the dog teeth which lock into the driven gears, 3 rd gear slides up and down on a shaft and houses three ball bearings(probably 3rd gear has caused the knock on effect with 4th and 5th, as the ball bearings in 3rd gear jam in the slider chanels and not allowing third and forth to select correctly on the shaft ie doesnt slide all the way down to home position either way and when you go to select 3rd 4th 5th it just say catches the driven gear , instead of locking in correctly, therefore causes damage to gearbox, usually caused by clutchless gear changes and wheely's and track days

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
Thanks but the bike only had 1900 miles on it when I bought it. The previous owner was obviously scared of it and put it up for consignment!

On another note I found the problem. I had lowered the shift lever right before the problem. Which I forgot to mention in my post. When I put the shift lever back where it was, it shifted great again. Something maybe for us to remember! Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts