Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy corbin seat. The guy says it has no holes or rips but it is old. Does corbin seats normally break down? Do they normally go bad? If they do, do i need to replace seat or have it redone? If it needs redone is it exspensive?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Looking to buy corbin seat. The guy says it has no holes or rips but it is old. Does corbin seats normally break down? Do they normally go bad? If they do, do i need to replace seat or have it redone? If it needs redone is it exspensive?
I had a corbin on my 12, it was used, and was in 95% shape. Never had a problem up until I sold the bike last June. Corbin will redo the entire seat, or any part you want. I would only use Corbin for repairs. If you buy the seat, you can always use it, or hold onto it, and send it to Corbin over the next winter. Corbin told me during the winter (their slow time) you could have the seat back in a couple weeks. You can actually call them and get a quote for a complete redo, and or just the cover. I doubt it would be more than $200-$300 for a complete redo, less for just the cover.

I loved my Corbin on my 12, some people do not like it, because it is wide. Because of the width, if you aren't tall, you may have issues being able to reach the ground with 2 feet, even if you can do it with the factory seat. I'm 6'2", I could never have gone back to the factory seat (it kept crushing my boys).

As long as you are getting the seat at a decent price, and are ok with the added width, I would say jump on it. If you feel that it is too hard (it actually is a good part about it), if/when you send it to Corbin, they can tweak it however you want.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Also got corbin on my 12, bought bike with it in '09, and wouldn't go back to oem seat. I find it very comfortable, yes it is hard but that is part of why it works so well on long trips especially. The oem seat, like JayZX12R says tenderizes the old boys!

I have not had an issue with it breaking down in cushioning or any other problem in the 10 years I have had it. May take a small amount of time to get used to.

Don.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts