Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi King,

As you know I have just bought the Schnitz dry NOS system.

Ryan says that to make sure the right amount of fuel is getting through you must increase the mid and high rpm faceplate (power commander) by 2 steps. But on a recent post you have said that the extra fuel required is added by the ECM. I guess what I`m trying to say is do I need a Power Commander or like you can I run this system without it.

Thanks Ninja Missile

</p>

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you are using the 30 hp kit you don't need it, as long as you installed the way I showed you on my page . If you installed it Ryan's way in the ram air tube then you better do it his way because it will go more to the opposite two cylinders of that tube. Try it and check your plugs you will see the colour difference. If you need anything let me know.

How much was his kit and what did it come with if you don't mind, I heard 350 bucks without a bottle, just curious thanks.

[email protected]

When ya gotta go, do it!</p>

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just asked Ryan on another board what jetting would be appropriate with his system if TWO nozzles were used instead of one to allow for more even distribution of nitrous in the airbox.

King how do you recommend installing a dry nozzle? You mention that yours is different in some way? Further upstream perhaps?

</p>

·
Registered
5,698 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I tried a few different ways but the best distribution was in the main airbox faceing forward so the nitrous hits the front wall of the airbox and rolls back. FYI the shnitz kit is a rip off off of the Lawson Dragrace kit no offence to anyone but it has been around longer. If you go to dragbike.com in readers rides#5 you will see my bike profiled and guess what that's over a year ago with the dry kit. Anyway like I said just for your infofomation.

[email protected]

When ya gotta go, do it!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts