Kawasaki World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m running b model fans on a a model wiring harness. Two fans to the a model plug and up’d the fuse to a 25amp. On a manual switch too.

cmg
That's what I want do, thanks for the tip about the 25amp fuse. Anything else I should know before looking for the fans with regard to fixing points etc

·
Registered
314 Posts
CMG,

How's that working out for you? Any concerns if too much voltage for the A model? Not sure what the B models put out, but that sounds like a great idea if there are no problems.

I was thinking of the same thing, but wasn't sure of this exact thing. Interested to hear.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The two fans pull less than 10 amps. I’ve run the fans for quite along time on the oem 10 amp fuse. No issues. Upd it to 20 amp for margine.

To mount two fans on a A model rad will require fab work. Weld on some tabs. The frame around the rad will allow for this. Any weld shop could do it easy. Unless of course you can weld. I used a A model harness on B model rad. I’ve done this on two bikes.
No issues with either.

cmg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The two fans pull less than 10 amps. I’ve run the fans for quite along time on the oem 10 amp fuse. No issues. Upd it to 20 amp for margine.

To mount two fans on a A model rad will require fab work. Weld on some tabs. The frame around the rad will allow for this. Any weld shop could do it easy. Unless of course you can weld. I used a A model harness on B model rad. I’ve done this on two bikes.
No issues with either.

cmg
That's awesome bud. This is now my next project on the bike. Thanks for the info 👍🏻

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cmg
I'm looking at my radiator now and was wondering how you got 2 fans to fit, my bike has 2 struts in the way, did you by any chance move your radiator forward of the original position?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I’m using B model 12 with A model wiring harness. I was thinking electrical (Which is no problem) and not physically. I’m sorry.
You are correct the forward mounts are in the way. :(

cmg

·
Registered
314 Posts
CMG,

Forward mounts? You mean mounting the fans in front of the radiator instead of the original place, behind?

Cal, those are your engine mounts. Definitely don't alter those haha.

On an A model it would seem you could mount B model fans with the proper tabe on the radiator. I am also sure you could mount them in other ways, but wouldn't be as sturdy.

Thanks for the voltage CMG. Sounds good.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CMG,

Forward mounts? You mean mounting the fans in front of the radiator instead of the original place, behind?

Cal, those are your engine mounts. Definitely don't alter those haha.

On an A model it would seem you could mount B model fans with the proper tabe on the radiator. I am also sure you could mount them in other ways, but wouldn't be as sturdy.

Thanks for the voltage CMG. Sounds good.
No I meant moving the radiator itself forward, (fans still behind it) but it comes a bit too close to the front of the fairing

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ah ok,

Well, You could fabricate some brackets to mount it more forward, but the trouble would be the hose length. It might be an option to mount the fans in front of the radiator and have them push instead of pull.

Pushing is not as good as pulling on a radiator fan, but two of them would compensate for any loss I am sure. Just some ideas. Maybe even keep one fan and put a much larger one on it. That should be very easy to do.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Using a manual switch for the fan and turning the fan on early makes a very big difference in cooling. I think there has also been sourced by one of the guys here, a switch that replaces the oem unit, that comes on sooner.

cmg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Using a manual switch for the fan and turning the fan on early makes a very big difference in cooling. I think there has also been sourced by one of the guys here, a switch that replaces the oem unit, that comes on sooner.

cmg
That would be great

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah ok,

Well, You could fabricate some brackets to mount it more forward, but the trouble would be the hose length. It might be an option to mount the fans in front of the radiator and have them push instead of pull.

Pushing is not as good as pulling on a radiator fan, but two of them would compensate for any loss I am sure. Just some ideas. Maybe even keep one fan and put a much larger one on it. That should be very easy to do.
I work in a factory where I can make/fabricate most things metal as long as it fits in my rucksack and I do it in the night-shift 😅 hoses shouldn't be a problem either pretty sure I can cut and form them here, but I'll have to check that out,
Thanks for the ideas and info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts