Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there got a spare radiator they would like to sell me. :thumbup:

As a result of a small Welsh missile carefully aimed at high velocity i now have a nicely formed hole in the middle of my radiator. The cost of new replacement genuine Kawasaki version is making my eyes water :scared::scared:

I can source an aftermarket one on ebay but unsure of quality ??????

Thanks in advance................:thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good luck with that!! Was in your position a few months back and ended up getting a 2nd hand (very good condition) from Italy for 250euros!! Scarce as hens fookin teeth!

·
Registered
840 Posts
The Chinese ones arnt too bad, id run it with a guard to make sure it's protected.

The ones I've seen fit B models only but I managed to get one to fit my A2

·
Registered
840 Posts
The Chinese ones arnt too bad, id run it with a guard to make sure it's protected.

The ones I've seen fit B models only but I managed to get one to fit my A2

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I eventually purchased through ebay..............new manufactured in the UK apparently £140 inc postage.:thumbup:
items in AS3 Performance store on eBay!

All fitted and runs ok..................way more cheaper than a Kawasaki genuine @ £630.:eek:hno:

Thanks to Chavcat for the offer of the used one in Canada !!!!:clap:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've fitted a later model Chinese 2002<2006 to my A1 (2000) £65 E-bay as opposed to Kawasaki £700+
To modify it -

All you have to do is remove the top mounts with a dremel and have them re-welded 175mm apart.
Then go to a motor factors shop and purchase a new Radiator fan switch - Size M18 90/95 degrees opening closing (Suzuki Alto /Baleno OR a Honda Civic ) same as Kawasaki OEM but £15 as opposed to £90 !! (A1 fan switch is a M14 fitting and won't fit in the replacement radiator)
You also have to extend the fan mount bottom bracket by welding a 20mm strip of steel bar and drilling a new 6mm mounting hole.
Give it a coat of black satin heat paint.
Runs great now and cooler due to the new radiators 33% greater water capacity.

£100 total ..................£65 Rad, £15 welding, £15 New fan sender switch, £5 coolant :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts