Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got caught in not one, but two nasty storms today. :x My bike looks like I've been out playing in the mud on it. I can't wait to clean it. :?

I thought I was going to get zapped by lightning in that last storm. :shock: I didn't know what was going to kill me first, the lightning or the gazillion mph crosswind that I got hit with as the storm was breaking loose. Oh ya, the dark visor was extra special to. I got delayed in the first storm getting back up here so by the time I got hit by storm #2 it was getting dark. On top of that I made the mistake of lifting my visor for a second. That ended the visors usefulness completely - it immediately fogged over.

There was one good note. I was able to hunker down behind the double bubble to keep semi warm. I was surprised how effective it was in this situation because I had my JR Phoenix on and I was expecting to freeze my ass off.

I took 3 days off this week. Should have known that it would rain a lot just because of it... :x

·
Registered
464 Posts
Every Driven Through Hurricane!

ALIEN HERE :roll:

LAST YEAR I WAS DOWN AT MY COUSINS HOUSE.. WELL I DID NOT KNOW THAT THERE WAS A CLASS 3 HURRICANE JUST OFFSHORE.. WELL NO SOONER DID I GET PAST WEST PALM BEACH AND GOD DECIDED TO PURGE! SOAKED NAH... DRENCHED NAH.... SPOKESPERSON FOR OSMOSIS YEAH THAT WAS ME!

BLACK GLOVES = BLACK HANDS GREEN LEATHER = GREEN CLOTHES AND GREEN BODY..

ENJOYMENT OF THIS TRIP PRICELESS :)

ALIEN OUT :twisted:

·
Registered
648 Posts
No it rained all over the US now and in the next 2 weeks just because I took a 3 week vacation. Never fails, if I schedule ANYTHING in the future it will rain on those days. It has been dry here for a month and it rained on my 3rd vacation day and has been raining/overcast since. I have a dark cloud over me/mother nature must have something against me. I actually gave up street riding at one time because, I am not kidding, I could only ride every 3rd or so weekend and it was nice every weekend but the ones I was free, I decided I was jinxed and gave up.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
It's been raining alot down here too. It's suprising how good the fairing is in the rain, takes quite a while to get really wet.
If you have chopped your rear parachute to where it should be then it pays to put wifey on the back to catch the rooster tail of spray off the rear tyre. :)

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I live in Sunny Florida... yeah... right! :lol: Which means if you don't like the weather... wait 5 minutes, it'll change. T-storms pop-up around here all the time and if you like to ride often, like I do, you will sooner or later, get WET

I've found that if I pull in my yard and it's raining and the bike is already wet, I take the waterhose and rinse my bike off. That gets most of the road crud off the bike and it's a lot easier cleaning the bike later.

I don't like getting caught in the rain .........WHY??? Because most people don't know how dangerous wet roads are and they scare the hell of of me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts