Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st of all, my first time ever running a bike down the track. I have ran cars up to 850whp, but first time on a bike.

Wanting to get a feel for it, I ran with full psi in the Dunlap Qualifier II's, skipped the water box, and did not even do a burnout. Not yet lowered and no strap in the front.

Got spanked by a track prepped ZX14 as if I did not see that coming, but did run down a drag bike and pass him before the end, then ran once solo. Best run was against the 14.

VID_20130927_180733_zpscadb6c79.mp4 Video by mhinchley | Photobucket

VID_20130927_191902_zps6d777208.mp4 Video by mhinchley | Photobucket

VID_20130927_184125_zps1f5bf92e.mp4 Video by mhinchley | Photobucket

[email protected] 124mph, [email protected], [email protected] 60 foot @ 1.9 & 2.0. Only had time for the 3 runs. Track closed now, so have to wait until spring to continue this journey. Obviously there is a lot left on the bone, and I plan to get it all off..........lol. Had a good time though. Small nos shot probably in order with a tune by Schnitz.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also am 220. You killed me in 60' time.

I agree, just have to run it many more times and keep feeling it out. I can tell I have to work on launch and getting rpm's up quicker, slipping clutch. Of course I hit the rev limiter a time or 2 & then I shifted early a time or 2, so have to keep eye on tach. Being 5'11, I like the ride height, so I am on the fence about lowering it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It took me three trips to the track to actually settle down and pull some clean runs! The third night was looking like a rain out so hardly anyone showed. I probably ran 20 times in about 3 hrs! Better nearly every run. Went from 10.40s to 9.90s, most of that was cleaning up my 60'.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I run cars all the time........I know I have to clean up and PUSH that 60' time. Think I am going to throw in a 40 or 50 shot of nitrous to help the cause though. Then run, run, run. I will mainly run without the nitrous until I get a good launch down pat. Have to wait until spring though :(

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
adding power before getting the front half down will get you mostly mph, you have the right idea, get a good launch then spray it. i was determined to get my first 8 sec pass a few yrs ago and thought nitrous was the answer(running 9.2s @150-152) it got me close (9.02 @161). decided to work on the front half and got my first 8 na. 8.97 155. get the suspension working for you and it will come with seat time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts