Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Not THAT'S some shit you don't wanna do...piss off a swarm of bikers by running over their shit...what a douch...I hope he got his ass WHOOPED for that shit...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
IMO, It doesn't look like it was done deliberate. The driver got surrounded and probably panicked. and was not sure of what was going on. To me it looked like the bike in front of the driver slowed way down and the driver hit him in the rear. The shit started when everyone else got off the bikes and looked threatening. At this point the driver had no alternative but to try and run. I guess they are lucky he wasn't armed or several would have most likely been shot.

The way they ride is one of the primary reasons I do not ride in large groups. They were riding like idiots looking for an accident to happen and this time it did.

I know some may not agree with me, but that is how it looked to me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
IMO, It doesn't look like it was done deliberate. The driver got surrounded and probably panicked. and was not sure of what was going on. To me it looked like the bike in front of the driver slowed way down and the driver hit him in the rear. The shit started when everyone else got off the bikes and looked threatening. At this point the driver had no alternative but to try and run. I guess they are lucky he wasn't armed or several would have most likely been shot.

The way they ride is one of the primary reasons I do not ride in large groups. They were riding like idiots looking for an accident to happen and this time it did.

I know some may not agree with me, but that is how it looked to me.
I agree, reading some of the press reports on this apparently the driver of the Range Rover had a small child in the back of the car.

To me it looks like he somehow got caught up in the middle of all the bikes and when the bike in front of him slowed he knocked it causing the other bikers to jump to the conclusion he had done it deliberately and surround the car!

The driver most likely reacted in fear!

Lets face it, bike gangs in the states or any part of the world don't get great press and if I was sat in a car and was suddenly facing the likely hood of getting my arse kicked Id have probably done a similar thing, especially if I had a child in the car!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
If he was that scared of the big bad bikers, why did he not back off when he had plenty of time before the whole thing kicked off? So it was ok to stand his ground when they were taking over the road, but not when the shit hit the fan?

What happens when you poke at a bee nest? You get swarmed. I stand by my original statements that he had PLENTY of time to avoid a confrontation before the bike even slowed down. If he was the least bit concerned for his family, why did he take it as far as he did. It was plainly reported as well that he was frustrated with them doing their stunting and taking over the road. So either way. He has an equal share in what happened, family in the car or not. Just as easy as it is to call them fucks on bikes assholes, it's just as easy to call the fuck in the SUV an asshole. They ALL made bad choices, and ALL should face some kind of justice.

·
Registered
840 Posts
So if you found your self in a similar situation weather it be your fault or not what would you have done?

Sat still and face the inevitable or go for it?

I've been in a similar situation where I watched my best buddy on his R1 have a car drive in to the back of him knocking his wife off the back all at motorway speed.

luckily she only suffered a broken wrist, gravel rash and concussion.
That time it was the car driver's fault, he just didn't like bikes!

I can see the argument from both sides, but let's face it after the Range knocked the first bike by accident or by deliberate it was never going to just be a case of only swapping insurance details

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
You cannot say that because we don't know that. From what I saw, a few got off their bikes to aid their friend. Im quite sure that some yelling and finger waving was happening, but I saw no indication of violence at that point. A better option would have been to dial the fuzz and lock the doors and wait.

Yes. If I was in that position I would NOT shit can my range rover and drive over other people. I have a cooler head tho. I ride. I wouldn't have let it get to that point. Had it gotten there, instead of driving over more people, I woulda tried to help. If I got my ass kicked, well, I got my ass kicked. That's me tho. I been in similar situations and stared down barrels of guns so...I have a different veiw of things than the guy driving the SUV.

I just doubt that anything of signifigance would have happened beyond bitching and maybe some intimidation. Had he remained calm, things would have ended up much less violent.

If someone ran over my friends while riding, you can bet your ass ima chase them down. If someone accidently hit one like happened here, and showed remourse and apologized, I would bitch at them, but not kick their ass.

We can all speculate all we like. We have all had our own experiences on the roads. What I see in this video is a bunch of idiots picking on a single vehicle, for reasons unknown, and things went bad in a hurry. Yes, they were being stupid. Yes they were endangering lives beyond their own. Yes they should face punnishment for these actions. In my opinion, the driver of the SUV should face punnishment as well. He had a choice to make and made the wrong one. There were consequences for this. He continued to make bad choices. There is no reason he should walk free just because he says he was scared for his family. I don't buy that for a second. I'm sure that eventually came into play, but I'm quite sure at the wrong time. Had that been the case, again, he would have, SHOULD have, backed off before the initial hit, right or wrong. Just as the bikes don't own the road, nor does he. I grew up being raised it takes a bigger man to walk away instead of feed into shit. Fight if need be, but pick your battles. He coulda hit his brakes, backed off, got off the road and went about his way if he felt threatened. He chose to not make any attempt, from what iI can see in this video, to do anything but poke back.

He also chose to hit the gas and run them guys over. Nobody made him make that choice. Had he shot them dead in the road simply because he felt threatened he would be facing manslaughter charges at the least. Just because folks are approaching your car does not justify running them over.

Eh...too many folks focus too much on the wrong things. It is what it is and it happened how it happened. Charging the sap who got hit and not the guy who ran everyone else over is not justice, and not fair. He was not law enforcement. It was not his place to make a point. He should have used the proper channels to report what was going on and evade the situation. There's a good minute or so in the beginning of that video where he could have backed way off, but instead chose to stand his ground. If he was that bold then, he shoulda been that bold when it went sour. His family wasn't his concern then. These punks needed to be shown they don't own the road. Welp.......we saw how that turned out for everyone involved.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Yep...assholes...but it's like a girl wearing sexy cloths...just cause she got them on don't mean she wanted to be raped...same applies here....just cause they was acting the fool don't mean they deserved to be ran over. Justify it however ya want...

·
8,537 Posts
Fuck those squid-ass-motherfuckers. They got what they deserved. I would have done the same thing...except, I would have shot someone in the fucking face when they tried pulling me out of the car. Fuckjing dirtbags....and the undercover cop too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts