Kawasaki World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have fitted rear links to my 12,in order to lower the bike,as I'm on the shortside.
I don't know how the bike handled with the original oem links on,as i did not ride it,so can't make any reference.
Could anyone please advise if I need to lower the front forks through the clamps by the same amount,or am i safe to carry on as is?or do I revert back to the original links,and find a pair of moonboots.regards roy

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You would actually be better off sliding the front forks through the headstem as well to balance out the height and weight distribution of the bike. It will also help you to get the sag, or preload, set up better too. How much you put the front forks through the headstem is debatable depending the rear height, but generally around 10mm/0.39inch seems to work.

I am sure someone with much more experience will help out here, I did it to my wife's zx636 when she was riding, with lowering links and front forks slid up through the headstem around 10mm, she was very happy with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would actually be better off sliding the front forks through the headstem as well to balance out the height and weight distribution of the bike. It will also help you to get the sag, or preload, set up better too. How much you put the front forks through the headstem is debatable depending the rear height, but generally around 10mm/0.39inch seems to work.

I am sure someone with much more experience will help out here, I did it to my wife's zx636 when she was riding, with lowering links and front forks slid up through the headstem around 10mm, she was very happy with it.
Thank you for your advise,I will try doing that with the front forks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts