Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
It's been almost 2 months since the "deer incident" and the rebuild is going well. I've been aquiring parts on e-bay when possible and the bike is currently in the shop getting some love. The valves are being adjusted, and the forks gone through, including racetech springs and new seals. The steering stem bearings may be replaced as well.

I have totally healed and the only remnants are a couple of scars on my forearm where the sleeve got pulled back while sliding down the road. Road rash sucks, but the broken ribs were much worse!

Winter it definitely setting in here in CO (26 degrees this am), but I REALLY wanna ride anyway. As long as everything is fixed before the Black Hills trip in June, I'll be happy. I'll be spending lot's of quality time in the garage with my bike and a heater this winter!!

To replace all my gear that was destroyed I think I'll be getting a Joe Rocket Speedmaster 1pc suit (1.7mm thick) and a Shoei RF-900 helmet. That may change if I find something I like better in the meantime. I have no idea what boots and gloves I'll end up with, but I won't be getting another set of the light weight Joe Rocket gloves. The knuckle armor held up ok, but the fabric part over the wrist area wore through immediately leaving me with a nasty owwiee!

If anyone has boot or glove suggestions, or knows of a good place to buy gear let me know!!

Hope to see you guys in South Dakota next year, ride safe in the meantime!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno Vinnie,
I ride a 600, so 6hp might be a little too much for me to handle!!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Sorry to hear about your run in with the deer.I have had a couple of close calls with them my self..Glad to hear your getting better,and of course the bike is getting new toys also. Your going to love the Race Tech
front end treatment your bike is getting. I put the Gold Valve cartridge emulator kit and race tech front springs in my 2001 ZX6e this year and they are well worth the money. :D I hope to go on the Black hill's ride next year. It's June 7th thru 11th right? That's when the AMA superbike races are in Wisconsin,but I tkink riding in the Black hill's would be just as much fun right? Yep I thought so. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Sorry that post was an accident.... Glad to here its going well... :lol:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Richard! :lol: Shit man, you crack me up! Poor ole Denver will wake up tonight in a cold sweat, seeing them dancin' deer you posted in his dreams!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oops!

Denver,What "lightwieght" JR gloves did you have on at the time?
I also wear a Speemaster suit and feel pretty secure it protected me well in my little high side get off a couple of months ago. I also had JR speedmaster gloves and an Arai. Came out of it with only a sore neck and shoulders, busted helmet and a few scratches on the back of my neck, between helmet and leathers. As far as boots, look at the Oxtar TCS or Sidi Race Carbons. They are the only boots which also protect your ankles from twisting abnormally.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: :lol: :arrow: REEEEEEECHARD.....you are twisted man!!! :lol:

Speednuts,
I don't remember the exact model of the glove, but the were Joe Rocket and they had a mesh fabric around the wrists. They did have leather palms and some knuckle armor.
Mad Mal uses a Speedmaster suit for racing and I have to say I am impressed with the quality of it. It really looks like it would protect me well in the event of a "get off".
Thanks for the boot info, I have never heard of Oxtar boots, are they readily available at shops or online?? I haven't really shopped around for boots yet, so I have no idea what's available these days. I do know that ankle protection is a good thing so I'll check out the Oxtar's and Sidi's for sure!
Thanks Speed!

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Besides Denver knows I was joking... I hope... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I always have a good time.... Why be uptight lifes too short to be pissed off and stressed out all the time..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had no doubt you were joking Rich............I wouldn't have it any other way buddy!!

I do like the gloves and leathers, I'll check 'em out when I get home tonight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts