Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to the forum. I was going to install some louder horns today on my new ZZR1200 it has 3500 mi. after removing the factory horn on the shifter side I found that the mounting bracket was wareing on the radiator tank BAD. I called a friend from work and his ZZR has the same problem. DONT LET THIS RUIN YOUR DAY we just did a trip 701 mi. door to door glad it didn't pop on me out in the middle of @*#"ing nowhere. My friends bike is almost 1000 numbers newer then mine with 2500 mi. THIS MY EFFECT ALL ZZR'S ON THE ROAD CHECK IT OUT. let us know what you see. Tusday I'm going to my dealer an e:mail will be sent to the factory.
Thanks.
Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for that bit of information. I just checked my new zzr and its rubbing bigger than shit , Only have 500 miles on it so all I am missing is some paint . Mines going in very soon to get 600 mile oil change and lookover. I wonder if the right side is rubbing too? I cant really see it to good without pulling panels off . I will make sure that they know about it . Thanks again davey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering my post I talked to the dealer and he is going to take a pic and send it in. I told him I wanted a new radiator mine has about at 50% or more metal loss and has been compromised the service manager says he will take care of it. will let you all know how it turns out.
I got this bike for touring and I and my friends cant afford some B.S. thing like this to screw up a trip besides the down time in some little hell hole who knows how long it wouldn take to get the parts. ZZR oweners can put your finger threw the side port on the left fairing between the horn bracket and radiator the bracket appeares to be rubber isolated feel the tank if its notched take five minutes and remove the five fasteners and investigate further it will save you from getting BURNED BLOWN UP OR WORSE.
Thanks.
Ken
PS BTW What the hell is a forum spy???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts