Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my regulator packed up whats the best replacement to go for plenty of them on ebay but am i better with original part or will any do or is there another manufactuer that will be better than the kawi one (as in a mate has an r1 reg on his blackbird?)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I got the Ricks MOSFET reg/rec, supposed to run cooler. So far so good!

I could go into what MOSFET stands for but can't remember!! Just do a search and should show results (yes I'm lazy tonight).

Don.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Stay with oem or ricks...I tried a couple of the cheaper ones and they only lasted a month or two...the units were fine but the wiring kept melting, I got a 04 rectifier in my 02, just make sure you solder the wires good and check the 3 yellow wires coming from the stator for any chared area...I learned that one the hard way

·
Registered
36 Posts
my regulator packed up whats the best replacement to go for plenty of them on ebay but am i better with original part or will any do or is there another manufactuer that will be better than the kawi one (as in a mate has an r1 reg on his blackbird?)
I had to replace mine recently, I went for an electrosport first off, sent it back the same day, you could have roasted a turkey next to it it was getting so hot. Complete fire hazard in my opinion! Opted for OEM as I looked into the ricks one but couldn't find a uk supplier (please feel free to help on that one if anyone can?) and the OEM was the right price and only a days post away. I figure that importing one from the states would incur import tax?

Anyways, the long and short of it is the OEM one is working a treat, and not too hot either. And if your bike is an A1, and if it's lasted this long, I'm sure you'll be fine OEM. But I'm curious as to how yours blew in the first place, do you know? You may want to check your stator resistances and out put before putting a new one in (if you haven't already) because you may just be kissing hard earned cash away!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I got the Ricks MOSFET reg/rec, supposed to run cooler. So far so good!

I could go into what MOSFET stands for but can't remember!! Just do a search and should show results (yes I'm lazy tonight).

Don.
Hey, I remembered without looking it up.
Why the hell has that been in my head for 25 years? :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts