Kawasaki World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I was testing my regulator rectifier tonight and found it warm to touch also the three yellow wires at the multi plug were warm to touch is this normal or do I have a problem ? Any help greatly appreciated. John.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all I was testing my regulator rectifier tonight and found it warm to touch also the three yellow wires at the multi plug were warm to touch is this normal or do I have a problem ? Any help greatly appreciated. John.
Hi,
I think that something similar has happened to my ZX12R, just noticed it today.
Please view my video on YouTube from 13:50 onwards
Rectifier
Im confused as to what this is
Jason

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Regulator rectifiers do get warm even hot, that's why they have cooling fins on them, the plug with the 3 yellow wires is fairly close so may get warm, but if it's getting hot to touch then it is either poor contacts in the plug or oil has wicked up the wires from the stator, either way, new plug or hard soldered wires.
You will also want to do stator wire checks on the regulator to make sure the internal diodes are ok, also I would be checking the headlights on diode in the junction fuse box as a shorted diode here can make the regulator work harder and can cause other problems in the electrical system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts