Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all . It's been a while since I was last on here .

Just quick question . Trying to find a post of how to remove the kleen air system

Cheers all

·
Registered
18 Posts

Good stuff Dastardly, do you have a link for the muzzys procedure that was referred to in that write up? I wanna see that method too before I go any way. I’ve already removed the pump and plates and would really rather just not have the plates there at all but not sure if I need to do anything with the reeds or no if I just block them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were has the link gone . Takes me onto something to do with adds . Thoughts gents

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Guess nobody knows
Hi filo.
This is a simple mod. Some have simply used block off plates made by Muzzys and other forum members like Metalmagician.
KZScott does not use block off plates. He simply taps the holes in the valve cover I
believe a 1/8th npt
Then use the rubber grommet in the bottom of the frame for a starting point to plug that hole. Fit a nut in the hole of the grommet.
2 flat washers. One on top one on bottom.
Run a bolt through and a lock nut. Sandwich it all together. Big frame hole done. Plug the vacuum line. And you are all done.
Now you will get a true exhaust reading when you dyno for a fuel map.

cmg

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
the crank case vent mod should only be done if you dont need to dyno tune the bike as it will alter AFR readings. if you just want to eliminate the emissions, then blocks offs are easy, but if you dont mind pulling the valve cover, you can drill and tap the holes under the reed valves and install 1/8 npt plugs

·
Registered
840 Posts
Filo....

Once you have removed all of the Kleen air kit from your bike what are your plans for it?

I live in South East London and with the ULEZ increasing in size in 2021 it looks like ill need to get my bike tested for emissions to be able to ride it in and around my area..... if you have plans to sell the original plates, tubes ETC ill have them if they are for sale?

Thanks
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts