Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im replacing my clutch cover. i ordered that and a new gasket, my question now is after reading the posts from the guy powdercoating his, do i need to worry about springs and the like for just replacing the cover?

or is it gonna be a simple as draining the bike and replacing the cover? :headscratch:

also, i wanna remove the HUGE exhaust can and replace it with a smaller, thinner louder sounding can but cant sell the farm for it....

any ideas?

·
Registered
159 Posts
No reason to drain the fluids unless they need replaced you'll only loss a few drops of oil if it's on the side stand. Just pull the cover and gasket and bolt it bak together, the springs won't need replaced either unless there worn out?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Does the cover have the bearings and seal in it for the release arm? I don't think it comes with those parts installed if it is a new cover from the factory.

·
Registered
767 Posts
There are bearings and a seal in the spot where the release lever goes into the cover. The spring you can see on the outside of the cover connected to the release lever. I think Lowblueranger was talking about the clutch springs, but you don't need to worry about those springs if you are only replacing the cover. It is much eaiser than you are making it out to be. Here is what you need to do. Remove the two 8mm bolts holding the bracked for the clutch cable on the upper portion of the cover. Then remove the end of the clutch cable from the release lever. Next remove the remaining 8mm bolts holding the cover in place. Now the cover is off. Clean the gasket material residue on the engine side. If the new cover has the bearings seal already installed you are good to go, if not you will need to install those components. remove the inside bracket from the old cover and install on the new cover if it did not come with it already there(this will make sense when you look at the inside of the old cover). Put the new gasket in place after you put a few dabs of sealant where the engine cases meet. Position the release lever so it will actually pull on the clutch release shaft when the clutch lever is engaged. Bolt it up, re-connect the clutch cable, make sure it operates correctly and you are good to go. It sounds much worse than it actually is. If you are contemplating doing this yourself, you obviously have the mechanical apptiude to do it, so you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
yea,, what the Vikings Fan above said. LOL sorry man just had to beat a dead horse LOL,, now its your turn to chop on my sorry GIANTS,, did ya get nice and drunk to kill some of the pain? :thumbup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes sir I did, yes I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts