Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I am not going to Deals Gap, or on any other trips...

The only place I am going this season is to ATCO Raceway, New Jersey on April 22-23, 2002...To have Rickey himself teach me the finer ways of DragRacing!!!

First I will be starting on the ZX6 then the ZX9, so that I can get my NHRA and PROSTAR SuperGas Licenses!!!

I am looking forward to being in his class and learning his ways!!! I cant wait...

CrotchRocket

" I just live my life a 1/4 mile at a time "</p>

·
Registered
561 Posts
AND do you have his 800# , I heard that he's traveling state to state w/ his school??

Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly!!</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Cool I plan on attending that same class myself, as a birthday present to myself Plus I need all help possible.

</p>

·
Registered
594 Posts
I spoke with Ricky about his school last year, he will have some very interesting technics for those who attend. If you go he will let you go on your own then tell you what you did wrong and show you how to improve, he is a super nice guy you will enjoy yourself.

[email protected]

When ya gotta go, do it!</p>

G

·
0 Posts
I am planning on attending the Dragbike school at ATCO in April also I will have my bike back by then and I will need a custom map, anyone knows of any good dyno shops on the east coast . I am located in Delaware , looking for one in PA. NJ. MD. VA. and maybe even NY.

</p>

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZX, I hope to meet you at the class!!! Are you going on April 22nd & 23rd???

I had my 12 Dyno'd by Joe from MAXIMUM POWERSPORTS, Long Island, NY... They do great work!!! Maybe a little far for you to travel, but they are trustworthy...

www.maximummoto.com

CrotchRocket

G

·
0 Posts
Yes I will be there I should have my bike back by then(Its in South Carolina getting some mild performance work done by BBwatercool) If not I will be riding a CBR900 and the school will be a my 36th birthday present. The performance work should be finished the only problem is I keep on adding stuff and ordering everything possible. Paint, polishing ,chrome. etc.. And I will be giving [email protected] a call soon.

</p>

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guy's I am looking forward to meeting you in the Sportbike school, hopefully you will learn alot, but surely we will have lots of fun.

Lotta runs= Fun!!!!

Rickey G

</p>

·
Registered
561 Posts
Rickey - any reason one would NOT bring their own bike?

will we get to " set up " our bikes during class / etc to our

specfic weight, etc?

Looking foward to your calss here in Texas in April !!

Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly!!</p>

·
Registered
142 Posts
are you having a class in Indy? The guy that bought your 12 at prostar here in Indy last year shops at my local motorcycle shop, it is a very sharp bike.

</p>

·
Registered
41 Posts
No gus no school scheduled for Indy as of yet.

No reason not to bring your own bike except, (If your bike breaks or the clutches go or something like that, it will cut into your time as you will then need to install clutches, or fix the problem, while everyone else is riding).

</p>

·
Registered
561 Posts
I got all fired up seeing April 15,16 dates for Rickey's school in Dallas on Foley's site, but I called Foley and he said that there isn't a drag bike school in Tx this year, nearest one is in Chicago.

Come on guys, we need about 8 wanna-be bike drag folk to get RG to bring his school to Texas; SAFE4NOW and I make 2... There must be 6 other Texans out there who wanna learn from the best!

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub56.ezboard.com/uentropy2.showPublicProfile?language=EN>entropy2</A> at: 3/21/02 6:26:13 am

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rickey Gadson DragRacing school was the best vacation I ever had!!! The money spent was WELL worth it!!!

Thanks again Rickey for all your expertise!!!

This is how it went... Day 1...It was raining, so we had class time...Talking about all the details of the reason why DragRace guys do what they do!!! Then we went to the DRAG STRIP, starting out on the ZX6...Rickey covered everything!!!

Day2...started on the ZX6, then to the ZX9... I was having a blast ripping down the strip on those bikes!!! The best part about the school was after each run, Rickey gave us 1 to 1 instruction!!! Telling us what we did and what we need to do!!! Then I ran my 12 and it was a handful...

I learned so much at the school!!! More than I thought!!!

Guys, just go to the school, you will say the same as I did!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone going to ATCO - Prostar Nationals, September 7-8??? I'll be there, but not racing just watching and buying more t-shirts to add to the collection!!!

CrotchRocket

1 - 20 of 24 Posts