Kawasaki World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have purchased this RID-5 module to complete my alarm system I figured if I had it I should have all the features. I did some research and found that tapping into the ignition and/or kill switch was a bad idea as for faults may occur such as bike shutting down at high rpms. I instead followed advice on tapping into fuel pump. I created a fail safe rig where I used an inline fuse holder connected to a dummy fuse plugged into the bike. This way if anything was to happen on the road such as dead battery or some other I could easily bypass the module by simply removing the fuse rig with a spare fuse. Did some tests with the fuse taken out (15amp fuse for ecu) bike didn't start. Installed the inline fuse rig with RID-5 and bike started normally. I tested the cutoff feature and the siren chirped for the specified 15 secs and then the alarm did go off but the bike did not cutoff. I figured I would try something else. I threw my fuse rig idea out and tapped directly into the fuel pump positive wire leading from the pump to the relay. Cut the wire bike did not start. Tapped into the wire with the RID-5 the bike started fine and same problem alarm would sound but would not cutoff. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here it is probably something simple and stupid and I am having a major brain fart. Or the thing could just be broken. Any ideas would be great

1 - 2 of 2 Posts