Kawasaki World banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
54 degrees on the way home. Got to be really careful.Tire`s can`t warm up to stick. Could be worse for the 5th of December in Missouri. Bought a used Brocks A2 slip-on for the h2 that was mint.Waiting for Brocks full systems to be available again. The stock muffler is stupid heavy.The slip -on is 3.75 pounds.

· Registered
1,452 Posts
I've still been riding several times per week. I don't commute so they are all fun rides. It's been any where from high 30's to low 50's. The concours does great here enough power to have traction and fun and big enough shield to keep the wind of me. And I still see your 130mph when the road conditions are good.
Ride safe
Lou

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Rode today, 50 deg out, tires weren't happy... Crashing Fucking Sucks!!!!! Punched a hole left side casing. Left all 4 qts of oil on the road but gear did its thing only little rash on elbow and knee where it went through. FUCK

Attachments

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Gona need some parts, obviously lever/clipon/case. To pissed off to take the casing off and look inside. Don't think anything in there got fucked up but we will see. Shit end to a great day

· Registered
4,285 Posts
........and THAT is the reason I don't take my 12 out on days under 60°f anymore. Cold tar and sport tires don't mix. Add in gravel and leaves and you got a recipe for an empty wallet....

· Registered
528 Posts
........and THAT is the reason I don't take my 12 out on days under 60°f anymore. Cold tar and sport tires don't mix. Add in gravel and leaves and you got a recipe for an empty wallet....
Yep and freezing your balls is not fun...

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Ohhh it's perfect out today, 55 crystal clear and sunny. Wasn't physically cold at all it's beautiful. Plus I'm using Diablo Corsas, sticky as shit...soon as they warm up plus nothin at all warms your balls up like sliding down some nice smooth pavemen on a beautiful fall day Lol...

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Maybe Santa will feel bad for me and bring me some shiny new parts

· Registered
330 Posts
Gona need some parts, obviously lever/clipon/case. To pissed off to take the casing off and look inside. Don't think anything in there got fucked up but we will see. Shit end to a great day
It's never a good thing when you have to tow the bike back home I feel for ya. Looking on the bright side you are still whole.
When you are ready to put that beast back together get in touch with me I have all the parts you need.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
It's never a good thing when you have to tow the bike back home I feel for ya. Looking on the bright side you are still whole.
When you are ready to put that beast back together get in touch with me I have all the parts you need.
Awesome thanks man, much appreciated and will for sure PM you about those parts. I wanna get a case on an oil in soon don't want it sitting empty especially now that it's getting cold

· Registered
1,039 Posts
It sure does. Wasn't the first and surely wasn't the last time I go skippin down the road. And it sucks equally as bad every single time...

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Yes sir it was. Cold tires cold pavement didn't work well for me today.
Glad you weren't hurt too bad..but ultimately, I'm sure you would agree, this was rider error. I've ridden lots of miles under 30f...no issue.

There is some irony, when people don't want electronics...but demonstrate why they can be of benefit. At least you aren't like My12R....who rips on electronics, and then proclaims that he won't ride his bike when it is less than 60f outside, because he might crash.

I always turn them off, personally...but it requires extra attention with that throttle hand, no doubt.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt too bad..but ultimately, I'm sure you would agree, this was rider error. I've ridden lots of miles under 30f...no issue.

There is some irony, when people don't want electronics...but demonstrate why they can be of benefit. At least you aren't like My12R....who rips on electronics, and then proclaims that he won't ride his bike when it is less than 60f outside, because he might crash.

I always turn them off, personally...but it requires extra attention with that throttle hand, no doubt.
Tire and ground were cold, tire is also new which doesn't help for sure not being fully scrubbed yet, wasn't going fast at all and wasn't even on the throttle when the ass came around. Was just a bad combo of new cold rubber on cold ground. Literally felt like I hit a patch of ice just came right out from under me before I knew it even broke loose. Never felt a thing was just all of a sudden sliding on my ass. At least it didn't catch fire after sliding like my last bike! Hah.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.