Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
i got one late september. for 1000 and change miles on it and love it.
as for pictures it looka like all the other 08 silver ones. i like the 2brothers slip on. i may get one.

·
Registered
872 Posts
1 here in Ma! Just put the Roadsmarts on it, what a difference!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I can't figure out the pictures again. It's silver, top case and Cee Baileys euro cut screen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm on board

I got mine last Fall. I have around 3,800 miles on it and think its pretty close to the perfect motorcycle. Not to many issues in the first year other than the header nuts all being loose, the windshield scratching just by looking at it and I'm not to sure about the BT-021s. The rear doesn't look to bad but the front has the strangest wear pattern on it that I have ever seen. As good as it is though I still kept the ZX-12R.

·
Registered
884 Posts
yo i got one. love it. don't flame me anyone i still kept my 12r.
it is a do all bike. and i bet with all the zx14 stuff flys removed etc 670lbs will still get mid to upper 10s. it is no replacement for the hot rod feeling of the raw not smooth 2000 power delivery. yes it is fast and no it is not a busa.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got mine in April and only got to put a little over 5000 miles on it. Great bike. Left it pretty much stock except for radar/gps mounts, plastc protection, hugger and slipstreamer windshield. More mods/farkels next year. I kept my 04 ZX-12 too. As fast and smooth as the C-14 is, it is hard to beat the 12 for the excitement factor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got mine in 07'

Got mine from Kelly Kawasaki in Mesa, AZ. They were giving great deals on them.
Got the regular brakes.
I have just gone over 16k miles. Do a lot of mountains and canyons.

Because it gets darn hot here in the Phoenix area in the Summertime. I head up the mountains ASAP where it's a bunch cooler. :thumbup:

I have added the following to the bike: Cee Baily's Tall Euro-cut windscreen, Heli bars, Leather Corbin Seat(s), Luggage Bags, Two Brothers Titanium slip-on, Michlen Road2 Dual-compound tires and a removable hard trunk for over-nighters.
The two brother can sounds "meaty"... Nice, I can hear it while riding.
The Mich road2s' are sticky in the turns and give good brake.

Last Summer the KI-PASS would fail when the ambient air temp would hit 100.
They replaced the ignition module. Took them 3 weeks. The shop blamed the delays on the Kaw rep. I was treated badly by Kaw!!

My rear brake locked and I ran up a Jeep Cherokee tailpipe in December.
$2600/ plastic repairs. No structual damage and I was not hurt. Well the R/H peg hit my shin on the way over..NBD!
A month later I get the brake recall in the mail from Kaw.

This is one fast puppy.

You know that it just doesn't get the respect that it should on the street. This bike will eat just about anything out there...But hey, it's not American Steel. Thank God!:clap:

Ride-On,
Nulogic

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got mine from Kelly Kawasaki in Mesa, AZ in October 07'. They were giving great deals on them.
Got the regular brakes.
I have just gone over 16k miles. Do a lot of mountains and canyons.

Because it gets darn hot here in the Phoenix area in the Summertime. I head up the mountains ASAP where it's a bunch cooler. :thumbup:

I have added the following to the bike: Cee Baily's Tall Euro-cut windscreen, Heli bars, Leather Corbin Seat(s), Luggage Bags, Two Brothers Titanium slip-on, Michlen Road2 Dual-compound tires and a removable hard trunk for over-nighters.
The two brother can sounds "meaty"... Nice, I can hear it while riding.
The Mich road2s' are sticky in the turns and give good brake.

Last Summer the KI-PASS would fail when the ambient air temp would hit 100.
They replaced the ignition module. Took them 3 weeks. The shop blamed the delays on the Kaw rep. I was treated badly by Kaw!!

My rear brake locked and I ran up a Jeep Cherokee tailpipe in December.
$2600/ plastic repairs. No structual damage and I was not hurt. Well the R/H peg hit my shin on the way over..NBD!
A month later I get the brake recall in the mail from Kaw.

This is one fast puppy.

You know that it just doesn't get the respect that it should on the street. This bike will eat just about anything out there...But hey, it's not American Steel. Thank God!:clap:

Ride-On,
Nulogic
You may call me Junior' (member)

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got two of'em and one of their wicked little brothers!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have the fastest color they made. The 08 silver,@ 16K miles and love it, I ride it year round, try to stay off the ice and snow but if there was a way, I lost my b*$#s, my ex-wife kept them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Quickwilly,

Glad to see you on board with a C-14. Did you keep your 12? I have an 08 and love it, except it keeps me poor adding farkles! If you haven't already done it, try out the concours.org site. There is a lot of information and lots of good people on the site, just like this one.
We still miss you and the family at the DG rally.

Grumpy

1 - 20 of 61 Posts