Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to run my 02 12r at the track. Never could get the light right but on the 4th run of my life I managed to get a 10.8 / 133. Thank you 12, because it was all bike. Any helpful tips on launching a stock 12?

</p>

·
Registered
178 Posts
-hold your shifts to (an indicated) 12000rpm

-launch at 4000rpm and get on the throttle progessively and use the clutch to control the front wheel.

-preload the shifter with your foot by pulling up while WOT then blip the throttle to shift (clutchless)

-keep all your weight forward as if your laying on the bike during the launch.

-goto my website, click on videos page and download some of the videos to watch/listen some of these techniques.

My best time on a bone stock unlowered/unstrapped stock-piped and stock-geared 12R is 9.89 @ 143. (153rwhp).

Piped, strapped, and 17-tooth front sprocket 9.59 @ 149.66 (167rwhp).

Stock wheelbase, 195 # rider. You can do it! Just practice! Enjoy...

Berg

www.dontbescaredracing.com

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I'm going to the track again this week I'll post to let you know how I do.

"Life is Controled with a TWIST of the WRIST"</p>

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this is a old post... but its info that I need...

I notice... no wheelies nor did u DTB burn any rubber...

clutchless shifts?
(preload the shifter with your foot by pulling up while WOT then blip the throttle to shift (clutchless))

what does WOT stand for? wide open throttle maybe...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Zuk, I feel your pain, as I'm right there with ya. I'm hoping to solve my launch woes with Entropy's "Ricky Gadson Racing School!". I think these guys are right, we need practice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts