Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Ive put the pumps in the battery box so far in 3 different setups. you have lots of room with todays smaller lightweight batteries. i have 2 12 cell ballistic batteries and a 044 pump in the black bikes battery box. have a hole in the cover with a -6 90degree hose end coming out. with a smaller pump, you could get away with it all hidden. go through the frame to the rail.

Reactions: Cal Thorsen

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive put the pumps in the battery box so far in 3 different setups. you have lots of room with todays smaller lightweight batteries. i have 2 12 cell ballistic batteries and a 044 pump in the black bikes battery box. have a hole in the cover with a -6 90degree hose end coming out. with a smaller pump, you could get away with it all hidden. go through the frame to the rail.
What battery and pump do you run?

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
i have 2 of these (only really need 1)
Ballistic EVO2 12 Cell Lithium Ferrous Battery

and this
Jay Racing Pro Series 044 Fuel Pump [044001] - $189.00 : Jay Racing

currently in the black bike

you can kinda see the line coming out of the bottom of the battery box here

this is a much bigger pump than you will need if you plan on staying with the 6 psi boost and gas. Im running a mix of 85% methanol and 15% pump 91. the turbo is a Comp CT4 6265. my best et was done spinning down the track on 13.5psi of boost. its only mapped to 19 so far.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the intank pump? Bypassed completely or ran in series?

Oh and btw when everything gets back from paint and powder I'll be running black on black as well... Just candy blue wheels though :)

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
got rid of the intank pump completely. made a plate that bolts up to the tank using the oem gasket with a bung for the output. on the other side of the plate is a filter in the tank. im going to make a cell for the bike over the winter to shed a few lbs

Reactions: Cal Thorsen

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got rid of the intank pump completely. made a plate that bolts up to the tank using the oem gasket with a bung for the output. on the other side of the plate is a filter in the tank. im going to make a cell for the bike over the winter to shed a few lbs
Ah, sounds easy to tig up. Have any pictures of your filter setup?

Also, any input on the 255 walbro in line pump?

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
no pics as of right now. i have a -10 filter in there, and it was a bugger to fit.
http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/sum-230117/overview/

theres a 90 above the plate, the filter pointing back, and the another 90 on it at the bottom/rear of the tank. with a -6(previous setup) it was easy.

the pump really only needed a -8 feed, but i had -10 stuff on hand and just used it. i had plans of going with a larger fuel system, but time was running out and i just threw stuff together to get it to the race track. my plan was a full out methanol build using an A1000 pump and 2 sets of 1000 cc injectors. I compromised, and ran a mix of meth and gas to get more out of the 044 and single set of 1000s. Ill be using the bigger setup on the land speed build now.

i used a walbro gsl 392 255lph when i was running gas with water meth injection. and used it as a test pump on the methanol and gas mix up to 9 lbs. proved the concept then put together the bigger setup

·
Registered
148 Posts
You kept a fuel filter in the tank and placed the pump outside the tank? I like the idea of using an external pump and ditching the internal one. I'll have to have a look as to how to do that on my bike

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
i prefer intank pumps now unless doing a fuel cell. theres plenty of options available for intank that will support over 500 hp. ive done a couple write ups with pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts