Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my C-14, but it drives me f#%king crazy to have to fumble with the fob thingy to remove the little key every single time I want to put something in either saddle bag. Has anyone figured out a way to defeat the "always locked" feature of the C-14 saddle bags? I've had 3 C-10s, which all had the option of leaving the saddle bags unlocked, and I don't think that in 20 years I've ever actually locked them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my C-14, but it drives me f#%king crazy to have to fumble with the fob thingy to remove the little key every single time I want to put something in either saddle bag. Has anyone figured out a way to defeat the "always locked" feature of the C-14 saddle bags? I've had 3 C-10s, which all had the option of leaving the saddle bags unlocked, and I don't think that in 20 years I've ever actually locked them!
I'm working on knobs with the luggage key embedded in it, they will
be left in the locks during trips for easy access. Same for the fuel door.
Picked up 3 blanks and had them cut, haven't found the right knobs
just yet, but still searching! Definitely one thing I miss from my old C-10..

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can use the fob that stays in the ignition instead of actual keyfob.Turn it to the right and take out for fuel door and saddle bags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
c-14 saddlebag locks

Yeah, I've thought about doing something like that. That's probably the best solution. Let us know what you come up with for knobs, and how that set up works. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tap plastic

Try tapplastics.com. they have various plastic and epoxy mold material. decide on the size and shape, make a rough template out of cardboard or other material. Cut a few small groves in the head of the key so that the plastic or epoxy has something to hold on to. mix your mold material, pour into template set the key in the mold with the head in the material and let it set and cure. Once it has cured, you can then file or shape the mold down to perfection and paint it to match your bike.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Zggtr.org has how to posts on the saddlebag key "knobs"

·
Registered
2 Posts
On another forum I saw someone had copies made, cut the top part of the key, then applied epoxy to the inside of a black soda bottle cap. It looked factory installed on his black bike. Obviously, you'd want to take them out anytime you'd be away from the bike but it's a cheap and easy solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just made a normal key and carry it in my pocket to open the fuel, seat and luggage.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts