Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a decent usable bag or piece of luggage has made me wonder, why no one has made some sort or rubber mount saddle bag holder that snaps on and off. After all. We have those big ugly, yet sturdy, bolt's to snap or clip somthing onto. Maybe one of us needs to build it. Any thoughts? :idea:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those bags look quite functional. I am looking for somthing more removeable. Less permanent. But along the same lines.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine are on a '00 Red model along with ZG ST screen, Throttlemeister, Heli-bars, Corbin Pilot/custom back seat. Makes for all day comfort on day-long sport tours through the Rockies. Pics and more info available if there's interest.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to see some pics UTZX12R. There are quite a few different bags that can be attached to the 12. (Givi, Corbin ect..) But as of looking so far. None are quickly removable. :( Because I wouldn't want to drive around with monstrousities hanging of the bike all the time. It messes with my Chi.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I looked at the Corbins. Only 38 litres total capacity. I have ordered the Givi tailrack (for the ZX12R I bought today), and will mount my E52 there. Will be high and back, but gives me 50 litres of storage.
At least this gives me enough space for my computer, backpack, work clothes and stuff, while still maintaining a narrow profile for lane-splitting.

There is also a Givi / Krauser bag mount rack that fits on the Frankensteins, that mounts a topbox directly over the rear seat. Better weight distribution, less flexibility and room.

You can also go with a tailbag (I use a 50l Road gear Jumbo on my other bikes, and am going to try it on the ZX), and then MCN was recommending a tailbag with lower extensions in their last issue, looks like a combination tailbag with integrated shallow saddlebags.

Finally you get the Ventura rack system.

The setup I am going for is the Givi rack with E52, and a seatpack. Gives me enough room for a weeks worth of work clothes and equipment, including 2 suits and computer and documentation / accessories. Works on my R11GS and the Concours, don't see why it won't work here.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had agood hard look at those Givi's myself. Nice stuff. The way to go I think, if you don't mind the permanent racks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Be careful when having much weight high and back on the 12R. With my softsaddlebags and crossover bag full of stuff my bike handles very odd. I guess the 12 doesnt like the extra weight. Makes it much harder to turn.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Coming off a Concours, hard to turn has a different meaning to me...

Way I figure it, if most of the weight is in a seatpack, it's no different than carrying a small passenger.

Got the latest Roadgear catalog (should be www.roadgear.com). and they have a new one-piece pack that fits across the seat and hangs over the sides. Carries well over 100l, and looks like it will clear the exhaust.

Their 50 liter Euro Jumbo hauler or whatever I have works great on the ZX, just tried it this weekend. Have used this bag on virtually a weekly basis for some 4 years now, and it still works great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts