Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardest thing I've ever had to do. This was not just a dog, he was family.
This gentle giant stole my heart, I am crushed.
His big brother laid right next to him, and he was surrounded by our family until the end.
Rest in Peace, Rudy. You are missed already.

Rudy

My boy

Brothers (Rudy on the right, about 1 year old - his brother is about 2. They had the same Dad)

The day we brought him home

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
HOW OLD WAS RUDY.......i FEEL FOR YOUR LOSS. THAT WAS A BIG BOY.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I know your pain and am truly sorry for your pain. I just put down our dog of 14 years. Hard, hard, HARD! He (and Rudy, I'm sure) was "Family". My dog was not my whole world...but...he made my world WHOLE. I pray that dogs go to Heaven.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Very sorry to hear Craig.

I (and I am not ashamed to admit it) cried like a baby when I got home after I had to put my Dobie down some 17 years ago. I still have her dog tag on my key chain.

Took me a long time to get over that but eventually my wife convinced me and now we have three pups of various size and breeds again.

They ain't called mans best friends for no reason. They stay in your heart forever.

Time will heal your heart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Dogs do become part of your family... I cried like a baby when I had to put down my Chihuahuaua and German whiles ago.

If its not too soon, I'd look into getting a new dog :/

·
Super Moderator
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments guys. Rudy was just 5 years old; middle-aged for a Mastiff, but always had a puppy personality. He had Osteosarcoma, (bone cancer), in his ankle, a very aggressive cancer that had spread. He was a trooper. Vet said we could buy him a few more months by amputating his leg, but because it had spread he would have continued to deteriorate. A 150+ pound dog would not have a good quality of life hobbling around on 3 legs.
I know I had to do what was best for him, but that sure doesn't make it any easier.

His paw was damn near as big as mine!

·
Registered
104 Posts
mate i know what its like ...i came home from work last year to find my staffordshire bull terier dead in the kitchen ,fantastic dog ,great manners and the best most loyal friend i have ever had ..... i was that bad i had to have two days off work .
myself and wife was both devastated to say the least as he was part of our family .
so yes mate you have my sympathys.
we know have another two so the pain has eased but he will never be forgotten

·
Registered
909 Posts
I know I'm a few days late on this... but man, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine... my best bud (his pic is my avatar) went into the hospital early October and I wasn't sure if he was going to make it... thankfully he did... but I can't imagine what you are going through. They're so much more than just pets. They really become part of your family and your life.

You have all my sympathy man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts