Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way back home (had been out of town) I had gassed up & was merging into traffic on I-20... well I hear what sounds like an small indy car coming up from...turns out to be a pack of about 6~8 bikes
ZX12s, Hayabusas, 1K's & R1's...pipes sing'n a tune I'll not soon forget.

Sounded like what you'd expect to hear @ the Daytona200 (honest) these guys had these bikes in the wind...aprox 140~160mph
and I was stuck in the box :oops:

anyway after seeing & hearing about 30-40 bike pass me All in excess of 120mph
& thought to myself...wonder when the cops are going to get a call??
About 15Min later a single trouper comes up from behind doing about 85-90mph... "Never going to catch'em like that" I pondered... But maybe, just maybe, he was cool & only wanted the people who the bikers scared the stool out of :lol: :lol: :lol: to see him & feel safe, secure & protected again. :wink: hahaha

By the way....all of the bikers were wearing leathers of some sort.

(The above was written in the exercising my first amendment right & thus to respell a word or two & use improper sentence structures, including but not limited to sentence fragments.) :) :idea: :wink:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Nothing looks or sounds better than group of bikes going by at warp speed. Kinda makes your day so much brighter. Not all people feel the same. Cellular phones are the curse of just about any rider. I got pulled over 2 weeks back because some dumb bitch in a minivan didn't like the way our group passed her... which was fast but not excessively so. She had claimed we passed on solid yellow which, honestly, I just don't do... especially in a group. We ride together so we pass when it's safe for our group to pass. Why ride together if you split up? Besides, we have riders of various skill levels and we ride accordingly.

Nothing really came of it.. no proof and I think the cop chickie that stopped us thought I was cute :) Told the bitch in the minivan to go away when she stopped to harrass us. The fact that one of our group had his 6 year old little girl on the back didn't hurt either. We were going faster than the limit but not stupid.

·
Registered
561 Posts
That is ne of the reasons I love BIKE NIGHTS so much, when the time comes around to leave or goto the next "Spot" 200+bikes all start up
meet at the corner gas station, then roll out onto the highway for a little group riding. Pro's in Front, Squids in the rear and everyone else taking their place in between... Brings a smile [ :D ] to my face just thinking about it...

Steve

ps Now, if I could just get a group of 12's to come play here....
its lonely out front sometimes.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I like riding back in the :lol: pack and knowing I can pass if I WANT TO.....

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.. nothing more sooothing to my ears than a group of sport bikes under the throttle. :D :D :D well, maybe a nice female under me... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I though you were married...... They quit being nice after you marry them.... You cheating boy???????

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ditto

I'll drop whatever it is I'm doing if I hear sportbikes around. Does anybody else do that? I could listen to them all day long unlike the loud, obnoxious Harleys that ride by. Also, I think this is the reason I like those Formuala 1 cars so much. 18,0000 RPM cars screamin' down the straight away gets the hair up on my arms.

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Hey guys...yeah, you can't lose me so easy...

Anyway...I'm standing in the garage and my girlfriend is handing me a Coke,
and I start to bolt out the door...she screams, 'cause she thinks there's a
rat or something...lol...and I yell back to her..."No, I hear some bikes
coming". Sure enough, 3 minutes later a bunch of bikes pass by
hauling ass...

I walk back in the garage with a smile on my face, and she get's all pissy.

She has this big attitude because I can hear bikes 10 miles away,
but I don't hear her yell when there's no TP in the bathroom... So once
again, I'm in the doghouse....Damn bikes always get me in trouble....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts