Kawasaki World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi me again 🥴 a few years ago I done the recommended fix to stop oil coming up the wires from the stator which was snip the wires and done a solder spade connection .but checking them today the plastic at the connectors is melted .where am I getting that kind of heat from . The big multi plug looks fine and dry no signs of oil in it . Has the oil reached the spade connectors and if so how can I stop this happening 🤔 HELP PLEASE

· Registered
2003 Kawasaki ZX-12R
122 Posts
Hi me again 🥴 a few years ago I done the recommended fix to stop oil coming up the wires from the stator which was snip the wires and done a solder spade connection .but checking them today the plastic at the connectors is melted .where am I getting that kind of heat from . The big multi plug looks fine and dry no signs of oil in it . Has the oil reached the spade connectors and if so how can I stop this happening 🤔 HELP PLEASE
Had similar issue recently, did the stator check as per service manual measuring resistance turns out my stator grounded out. Perform the resistance check as per the manual and see if that's your issue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts