Kawasaki World banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Does anyone have any info on how to convert a ZX12R to single sided swingarm? I'm sure it must be possible to use a Ducati or a VFR. It would be great if someone ahd been down his road and could give me some advice. Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
119 Posts
well if it helps i've fitted a t595 to a fz1 - triumph arm is longer ans you can fit the ducati wheel havent looked at my 12 to see if it's poss but then given enough dosh anything is possable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MY GOD that is one STUNNING motorcycle. I agree anything is possible given cash and plenty of spare time. How did you ensure that the sprockets lined up? I assume you have to centralise the swingarm and tyre, so how can you line up the drive sprockets if they are not in line?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw a full swingarm conversion made by trac dynamics. I think its a 240 rear tire, both wheels, brake lines and all the hardware. I was thinking about getting it myself.. but I'm thinking I'll put the money into my motor and keep my Marchesini's. Check out the trac dynamics site. You have to dig around there, but i think its listed in the new parts forum. Runs about $4k

Indy12RR

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I looked into this a while back. Greggs Customs builds them. We talked for a bit and he said he would do a ZX12R SS swingarm but it would be about $4k USD.
Another option was to use a R.A.M SS swingarm for a zx7/ZX9 and modify it a bit.

Here is one on a ZX10

Site
[b]http://www.greggscustoms.com/index.html[/b]
That's quite a bit of scratch. I think you would be better served making duc swinger fit with spacers and some fab.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all. Does anyone have any info on how to convert a ZX12R to single sided swingarm? I'm sure it must be possible to use a Ducati or a VFR. It would be great if someone ahd been down his road and could give me some advice. Thanks
Tony
converted mine to a single sider using the front off the zx12 and the back off a triumph 1050

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts