Kawasaki World banner

41 - 60 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
so after several complaints with the seller as the plastics were not as shown in the pics/description, they have offered to give me back $100 and claim to be loosing money on the transaction to try an keep me happy. ill run the these for now and try to get proper A model plastics for it later on. i may get to it sunday as i still have lots to do on dads drag bike. be nice to have skip ready to hit the road soon even if i do have to save up for insurance lol

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
They have updated their pics to show the mixed up panels in the matte black

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
This is turning out very interesting. I want to say it kicks A but rules are rules. Fork it, it kicks ass.

I have eyeballing all threads with regards to aftermarket fairings. Appreciate the info. I'm tempted. Speaking of insurance. I just got my renewal. It's not comprehensive but it's more than I would have had if I got this bike when it first came out.

Good luck with the remainder of the build. I would of like to have met Skip.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
This is turning out very interesting. I want to say it kicks A but rules are rules. Fork it, it kicks ass.

I have eyeballing all threads with regards to aftermarket fairings. Appreciate the info. I'm tempted. Speaking of insurance. I just got my renewal. It's not comprehensive but it's more than I would have had if I got this bike when it first came out.

Good luck with the remainder of the build. I would of like to have met Skip.
You need to shop around... I pay $25 a month for full coverage on 3 bikes......

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
That is unreal. While I don't have full comp it does include roadside. I could probably get a better deal thru the homeowners ins, haven't checked. Perhaps I'll look into it. Thanks.
yep bundle. 2 1200 CC bikes, one 600 supersport. Full coverage with aftermarket parts replacement. Clean driving record and old man doesn't hurt either... >:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
yep bundle. 2 1200 CC bikes, one 600 supersport. Full coverage with aftermarket parts replacement. Clean driving record and old man doesn't hurt either... >:)
My opinion. If a guy/ gal can make it through life on the right side by all means, they deserve it, to have that sweet deal. Me I'm still mid 20's :rotflmao: so fingers crossed, in 20 years maybe it'll be free :lol:

Not long ago I remember things were a lot different in terms of having coverage. As you remember, when insurance was not required, then law made it required. Nowadays, it's so much simpler. There's no choices, its not an option. :smile2:

Sorry Scott, just chit chatting.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I got quoted 1600 for a yr. I think they know my racing history lol.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I called my homeowners today. Spoke with Kim. Same company that covers our autos. In two decades, zero claims, she ask what I'm paying now. Ran the quote then tells me, in a lovely phone voice. "you don't want to know". They want more than 10x what I'm paying now.

If you're getting 1600 quotes you can be sure there's a co out there willing to do the same for twice that :wink2: or conversely, half that original quote. Either way good luck with the decision.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I got quoted 1600 for a yr. I think they know my racing history lol.
LOL need to quit posting those time slips and dyno sheets... :nerd:

It helps that I live out in the woods, and have multi vehicles on the policy.. so the bikes, G8 and the jeep get super discounts as occasional use.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have the fairings mostly done. There's a busted mounting tab for the inners and 2 holes are massive that should be quite small. I will need to drill the holes larger and find some big push pins or make something to accept a screw. The holes are too big for an m6 well nut and it should take an m5
the fit isn't great but not terrible if you force them to cooperate. I would give them a 7/10 If the paint wasn't messed up and there were no broken tabs. The panel that has the broken tab looks very scuffed up. I'm hoping they will send a replacement but very doubtful.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I feel like a 12R deserves more of a wild color then matte black, but at least it's all together and in one piece now! Your fitment sounds kind of like the set I had experience putting on a friend's bike I rebuilt for him.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
i think it will look fine with the brushed silver decals, but i would have preferred a more silver/charcoal over the matte black. maybe ill leave the decals off for now until i decide if im going to paint it or not. theres some spots that need touched up on corners, but i have a lot on the go so it may have to do for now.

if i were to do it again i would buy them unpainted and do it myself.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
well Skip has a clean bill of health according to the dyno at work. stock motor, gutted cat, yosh slip on, 87 octane pump gas, i flashed the ecu for more rpm and added some timing above 5k and above 70% tps. block off plates, K&N air filters, with a pipe im sure it would carry the power higher, but it made peak around 10500. no tuning done to the fuel maps yet.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
i set the limiter to 14k to make sure i never hit it lol

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
any bets on what it does with a muzzy big tube pro pipe? (just for fun, taking the pipe back off after the dyno pull)

·
Super Moderator
1,256 Posts
185 and 98

41 - 60 of 119 Posts