Kawasaki World banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
monday night after work looks to be decent weather to go for a couple pulls. im hoping it likes the extended rpm >:)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
monday night after work looks to be decent weather to go for a couple pulls. im hoping it likes the extended rpm >:)
No cheating with none of that funny race gas stuff....... >:)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You have been busy getting her back together from trailer to drag strip in a few months well done KZScott
Craig

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
monday night after work looks to be decent weather to go for a couple pulls. im hoping it likes the extended rpm /images/KawasakiWorld_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
No cheating with none of that funny race gas stuff....... /images/KawasakiWorld_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
No cheating with one of those funny exhaust pipes with moving parts either....

cmg

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Don't even get me thinking about that lol. I'll have the turbo system from the red bike on it with the lowest boost setting... 4psi on stock motor should be just fine....
Leave it alone Scott leave it alone. Just drive it or it will take forever to get to drive it....
Too many projects.... just have to keep telling myself leave it alone, work on race bike....

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
don't even get me thinking about that lol. I'll have the turbo system from the red bike on it with the lowest boost setting... 4psi on stock motor should be just fine....
Leave it alone scott leave it alone. Just drive it or it will take forever to get to drive it....
Too many projects.... Just have to keep telling myself leave it alone, work on race bike....
lol.......!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
ONLY change was the stock header for a Muzzy Pro pipe (obviously needs fuel maps changed but its decent up top)

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
working on a new intake and exhaust for skip. i have a feeling its going to be 200+hp on the stock motor. stay tuned

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Anyone have an oem muffler they don't need?

Ive installed 415cc injectors, walbro gss242, billet basket, 3 hd springs, did my oiling mods to the hub, shimmed the oil pressure relief valve, muzzy fan, deleted the oil cooler to make some room and replaced the front half of a std pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I've also came up with a more user friendly solution for tuning. When i do the ecu tunes on the dyno I have been using an old pc3r connected with a zero map just so I can see tps. Installing and uninstalling is a pain in the ass with lifting the tank etc (maybe I'm getting lazy) so I happened to have picked up a gsxr 1000 pc5 a few yrs ago really cheap with full intentions of hardwiring it into a bike. After a lot of searching I found the proper connectors and crimp pins to redo it for the zx12 tps and inj harness plugs. Now I can plug it in on the side of the bike and connect the ground anywhere convenient. Easy peasy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,256 Posts
I love the stealth exhaust!
And yep, oem muffler would be cool

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
thank you, ive always wanted to do one like that for the super stealth look, but the oem mid pipe is pretty heavy compared to regular 16 gauge tubing. i have to keep telling myself its not a race bike so a few extra lbs are ok lol. a gutted stock muffler with a free flowing center would top it off. i do have 2.5in baffle tube and packing material.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
so good and bad news. i guess the good news is that the bike makes decent power with the full exhaust and no hoses etc blew off so my little "bolt on" turbo system tricks work. The bad news is i didnt have the right spring for this wastegate ( it was a fake tial and the real tial springs didnt interchange), so after a few runs at 3 psi i changed out to the only one i had that fit. it was running about 6.5 psi which was more than i thought was safe for a stock motor on pump gas (target was 5-6ish). it seemed ok and made 234 hp. i did some part throttle tuning and then decided for 1 more wide open run before calling it a night and i felt it nose over just before the end of the run (made 237hp). it puked some oil out of the breather and has 1 or 2 hurt pistons by the sounds of it when turning it over. going over the run data i see that it spiked to 7.8 psi at peak tq (8k) this is likely where it started eating cast aluminum pistons. I will rebuild it with a set of drop in wossner turbo pistons, ape studs, and a set of hd valve springs. then it should be safer at 9 psi than it was at 7. for anyone with a stock motor stick to 5 psi and 220 hp. it should live a long time there. i dont think 250 will be out of the question for reliable with turbo pistons.

also, i saw 90% duty cycle on the inj at 11k when glancing at the laptop during a wot run (so fine for this power or less). these were 415cc. stock 00/01 fuel pressure regulator and walbro gss242 in tank pump. i will run a larger set for the rebuild. 440s should be enough for 250 hp on gas. I have a set of 500s also if i feel the need to go higher.

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,256 Posts
Sucks about the boost spike!
Pulled her apart yet to see how bad it is?

Quick question, do you run a better rubber oring on the air box covers or still the foam seal that they come with?

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
not apart yet, but pistons ordered through work

yes i use actual rubber o rings for the inspection plates.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts