Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hole is so small it took me almost 30 minutes just to find it. There was a pin size nail in the tire, and it is leaking VERY slowly. Can I safely use fix-a-flat untill I recieve another set of tires? I do not want to use a tire repair kit b/c the hole is so small and I don't want to make it any larger using the tools provided.
Is fix a flat a bad idea???
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Fill the tire with snot, not fix-a-flat.

You can get it at any mountain bike shop, it wont hurt the rim and its organic.

A pinhole leak poses no blowout risk, so I would definitely not even think about replacing the tire.

Just my .02

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
gtr - WHATEVER you decide to do, make SURE you closely monitor the pressure in this tire until it is finished... Pin-hole leaks have a tendancy to get larger, sometimes, so just be aware of what's going on... :shock: :shock:

Lower tire pressure allows more flexure, thus more heat... This compounds the problem... Just watch that Beeotch!!

BTW - I'm not trying to be an azz here... :oops: :oops:

Just my $.02

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hmm...50% tread= maybe $75

Having to watch the air pressure, making a mess of the rim with the slime, possibility of being left stranded on the side of the road, not trusting the tire to run on at high speed..the tradeoffs aren't worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
ORVRider said:
Hmm...50% tread= maybe $75

Having to watch the air pressure, making a mess of the rim with the slime, possibility of being left stranded on the side of the road, not trusting the tire to run on at high speed..the tradeoffs aren't worth it in my opinion.
Extended burnout with 50% tread remaining... Priceless.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I put a plug/patch in my rear tire, it only had 1500 mi. on it, worked great and gave me time to find and buy a new set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts